Norwich newer scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcon832

Premium Subscriber
WARNING THIS MAY BE LONG AND SCATTER BRAINED.
My last scanner was a Uniden Sportcat sc150. It died about 4 years ago. Not bad for having it on almost 24-7 for over 20 years. Finally recently I was able to get a new scanner I got a BCD996P2 My question is not how do I program it but more of a how do I organize it to be the way I want it. Example I live in Norwich so as a start I want Norwich Fire, Norwich PD, State Pd, American Amb.,Lifestar, QV Fire In that order but if for some reason one day I don't want to listen to lets say American Amb.and or Lifestar I want to be able to block one or both of them out for a short time how do I setup my system to be able to do that. In the old days of my old scanner I would just block and unblock the bank they were on. So basically I'm asking if someone could either explain how to set it up that way or make and share with me a file using the example with Freescan
That way I can see and wrap my brain around how it's done.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That scanner has a temporary lockout feature. If you hit lockout once, it locks the channel out until the power is cycled.
You can use the Quick Keys to turn "banks" on and off.

chris

darcon832

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick keys idea. I looked it up and that's what I needed. Got another question I remember when I used to scan I had a frequency that during snowstorms they would have a weather update. Example: Groton 32 degrees light snow 2.5 inches, Norwich 32 degrees heavy snow 4 inches, etc... it would go through every town in the state. I don't remember how often they would do it it might be every hour or every few hours. Anyways does anyone know what that frequency is or does it still exist.

cg

Premium Subscriber
CT DOT doing a weather roundup. The various low band DOT channels are what you want.

chris

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Zone 1: Local Fire Zone 2: Local Law Zone 3: Life Star Zone 4: Extended Fire Zone 5: Extended Law , this way you just turn things on and off as you need them.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
CT DOT doing a weather roundup. The various low band DOT channels are what you want.

So 47.30, PL 146.2 still does the winter WX updates? Or is this now on on TG 5621, on the new state system? I have never plugged DOT into my state system, I mostly just listen to Troop E, DEMHS and DEEP.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't actively monitor them but I recall hearing the winter storm roundup in the past. The low band is still the primary radio system for them.
The CTDOT on the 7/800 is mostly external (patched from low band). They do have an increasing number of radios but still a long way to go. I have logged only around (60) 187xxxx RID radios on District 1, 4, and Service Patrol groups.

chris

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Freescan is pretty easy once you figure it out.. I would figure out what you want as priority and just play it that way. And like sefrischling said above, I would set each to its own channel/zone. Then you could just hit the keypad 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.