Norwich PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Premium Subscriber
Did something happen with 39.90? I noticed yesterday during the shooting incident I wasn't picking up anything on their frequency. Only way I knew about it was from the CSP. Still not hearing Norwich today. Never had that problem before.

MrAntiDigital

Channel 2 (39.860) is also used. Sometimes they have to switch transmitters to be heard in some parts of town. This may explain your reception issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you "imonitorit".

I do listen to BOTH Channels. I heard when that shooting came in. Over the radio, you could hear officer yelling; "Drop the weapon". "Drop the weapon". Unbelievable how quickly things can change going from a calm to a scene of chaos.

The 911 dispatcher on duty did a TREMONDOUS JOB from what I could hear. Trying to get the facts together as this was going on. In addition, the CSP was notified as the perp ran over a bridge into the Town of Lisbon. A request was made for K9s bringing in both CSP and Waterford (?) PDs, as NPD had no such units at the time.

For those outside the area, an armed suspect wearing a mask was coming out of a local deli after a robbery and at the time a Norwich Police Officer was riding by. Shots were fired as the suspect pointed the gun at the officer.

The suspect is now in custody after turning himself in. I salute those Norwich Police Officers and 911 Dispatchers who were involved. GREAT JOB and thankfully, this police officer was NOT hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.