Nosey L.A. N00b Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangeyj

I live in L.A. and I have a scanner that my friend didn't want and I'm a complete and total noob when it comes to scanner/freq type stuff....but I'm just a very nosey girl who likes 'excitement'. I found the very helpful (and it's quite awesome and very well organized) scanner freq lists etc....but here's my question, I'm sure there must be one or two very busy general freqs for the L.A.P.D. but I've yet to figure out which one it is...Like I said, I'm nosey, but also a complete novice when it comes to any subject involving radio scanning and terminology. Any help is appreciated :)

brandon

Database Admin
Welcome to RR.

Do you know what kind of scanner it is? IMHO the best freq for LAPD broadcasts is 154.830 (analog) / 484.7125 (digital). It has all the important dispatch calls. If you have a digital scanner I would program the rest of the LAPD freqs for activity within the specific divisions found here.

tangeyj

Thanks Brandon :)
It's a Realistic PRO-44 scanner....and I usually have to resort to it's online manual to figure out how to use it.... I put in the freq that you gave me (the digi one) and I didn't hear much, but maybe I wasn't listening for long enough? Now of the freqs from the list you linked to, is it best to program them all in and then use the 'scanner' to scan through all the pre-sets? I'm assuming that's what you mean, but like I said before, I'm really more of a step below 'noob' status.

brandon

Database Admin
Good morning.
Unfortunately the PRO-44 will not be able to listen to the digital LAPD freqs. I would try 154.830 since it's an analog one. You should be able to hear activity on it--it's quite busy with hot calls. You can also tune other police agencies that are analog such as LA Sheriff, Long Beach and many others. Most of the activity in LA county is still analog except for LAPD, Santa Monica, El Monte, Alhambra, and Monterey Park which use digital. Pomona is also digital but still simulcasts analog on 155.550

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
Where in Los Angeles do you live? The Valley, West Side, South Bay, Downtown, South Central, Mid City, East LA, etc.? Or do you live outside the City in another community?

This will help for us to give you some extra help with nearby agencies.

BTW - I am in LA, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.