Not able to decode DMR system - RAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketNJ

Hi All,

Just picked up a 536HP and got the DMR upgrade. My local town just went DMR for police.

DSD+ using discriminator tapped scanner is able to decode the system and shows system usage, talkgroups, and unit IDs. I can hear the decoded audio no problem.

I've tried programming the scanner as a DMR on frequency system with proper color code, talkgroup & slot, frequency but the scanner will not decode. Just shows ID searching while DSD+ decodes fine.

If I put the scanner into conventional discovery mode it stops on the frequency and decodes the DMR traffic fine. Shows color code and DMR but no other info.

One note, in DSD+ on the bottom of the DSD Event Log window it shows DMR: DCC:1 RAS. So looks like system is running Restricted Access to System? If so, the scanner will only decode as a conventional channel, meaning it will decode whatever traffic it hears on the channel but not be able to scan by talkgroup?

Thanks
Dave

slicerwizard

With RAS, all messages that carry talkgroup and radio ID information have "bad" checksums. Sounds like the scanner is ignoring them because of that, so all you'll get is the color code, slot number and the synthesized voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.