Not able to install Whistler 1095 cpu updater to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
When ever i plug in my Whistler 1095 scanner to my computer i get a unknown device report. Sometimes i will say not able to start code 10 also. I have uninstalled my EZ Scann software and reinstalled it as well. I have tried it with the remote head off the unit and the USB card out as well. Also have tried to plug it in with the power cable off also. Still report of Unknown device attached to my computer. I have downloaded and installed the latest device drivers for the unit as well. Any ideas what to do next??? Win 7 here with Kaspersky Total internet security also. I have even disabled my security when I plug it in and no such luck.

TAbirdman

The driver is also in a INI folder on the SD card. Also look for it on your PC; C:/ program files (x86)/whistler/ws1095/drivers

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
PC Driver

Yes I did install the PC driver first. I see where others are having the same issue with Win 7 as well with their whistler scanners. Now I remember why I will only buy Uniden Scanners. Do not like the sim card based scanner as well. I even did a uninstall of the programing software and uninstall of the driver also. Then I restarted my computer , downloaded direct from Whistler web page the programing software installed it then downloaded the USB driver from Whistler Web page installed it, then plugged in my scanner. I got the error code unknown device and when I brought up the Device menu it said code 10 beside the scanner listed... any other ideas?? Also i did turn off my Kaspersky total security during the install of both software as well.

Last edited:

Ubbe

It could be that the USB port isn't supplying the neccessary voltage or current. Try a different port or use an externally powered USB hub. If you google "win7 device error code 10" you will find other good suggestions on how to solve the problem.

/Ubbe

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I have changed to 4 other ports as well. I did google win 7 device error code 10 as well. Still no luck. Same code when i change to other ports same thing. I am running an 850 watt power supply also. No trouble with any other usb items connected to my computer.

TAbirdman

Yes you will have done a lot if not all of the steps below but maybe not in this order!

Uninstall EZScan and drivers again. DO NOT CONNECT THE SCANNER TO THE PC! Reinstall EZScan and perform a " Check for PC Application Update" to get the latest version.
Reboot PC.
Open EZScan
connect ONLY the usb cable from the scanner to the PC. NO POWER CABLE CONNECTED, UNIT OFF
Under "SCANNER/SD card pull down menu select "set scanner to PC time" and see if it corrects the time. If so, you are all set.

If not then go to device manager

In device manager expand the "Disk Drives" and see if there is a Whistler listed. If so, good.
Are there any yellow triangles? No then go to the "Ports" and see if there is a Whistler listed. If so, good.

Any yellow triangle go to that and right click and select update drivers. Tell the PC to go to "C:/program files (x86)/Whistler/1095/drivers after installation. close all windows and reboot. Leave the scanner plugged into the PC.

Give that a try.

If all that doesn't work, call Whistler and Ask for Bryan. He's been great at helping people with driver issues.

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Yes I did on a windows 8 laptop. still same problem as well. I found a old laptop of mine with Windows XP on it. Believe it or not it worked just fine with the laptop running Windows XP. I did try to run the update with the box checked capability mode Windows XP on the desktop and the laptop running windows 8 but still did not work.I have found other post about Whistler having the same trouble with Windows 7,8 and 10 as well.They know they have a problem but do not know how to fix it or even why it happens. Whistler has a signed agreement with Radio Reference about using the EZ Scan software for their latest Whistler scanners. That is why they will not release the code for other software programs to work to program their scanners.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think if you asked, you would find that, for the SD driven scanners, RR licenses the data, not the software. Undoubtedly Whistler considers their EZ Scan proprietary and wants to keep it that way for their own reasons.

And as for third party apps, well there is one for importing data that EZ Scan can recognize. This is evidently intended for markets other than the US and Canada, where our data collection is either weak or non-existant

http://whistlerq.wixsite.com/whistlerq

Mike

TAbirdman

Yes I did on a windows 8 laptop. still same problem as well. I found a old laptop of mine with Windows XP on it. Believe it or not it worked just fine with the laptop running Windows XP. I did try to run the update with the box checked capability mode Windows XP on the desktop and the laptop running windows 8 but still did not work.I have found other post about Whistler having the same trouble with Windows 7,8 and 10 as well.They know they have a problem but do not know how to fix it or even why it happens. Whistler has a signed agreement with Radio Reference about using the EZ Scan software for their latest Whistler scanners. That is why they will not release the code for other software programs to work to program their scanners.

Did you get ahold of Bryan? You didn't say.

I had some issues with the 1095 originally on Win7 64bit. I ended up downloading the programming software from whistler website, installed then ran the updates. After all the updates then I plugged in the scanner. Worked for me. I did have to go back and uninstall everything first then start over. Also, before you run the programming software for the first time, right click on the icon, go to compatibility, and make the program run as an administrator. Then start the program. I had issues when the program didn't run as admin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Dantheman31901
yep i did all that already also. Still no joy. deleted everything and started fresh. Even checked the registry also to make sure it was clean.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Also unable to get hold of Bryan. Need the phone number for him. thought I had it but wife came and cleaned around my computer desk grrrrrrrrr......

Status
Not open for further replies.