Not an impressive as some but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Here is my radio table, my scanner is over by my computer not shown here.
Those are Bearcat III 8 channel rockbound High/Low Vhf units. Can't afford to recrystal them at $20 a pop for new crystals, to the left is my IC2200H, on top of the Bearcats is my backup WXr, a cool automatic clock, and speakers on the top shelf, second shelf from L to R is a RS (Sangean) DX-399, a couple of Speco two-way bookshelf speakers (make great radio externals), and a 10 year old RS Tape recorder with vox, but it doesn't get used much any more computer recording is more flexible.
rtable.jpg

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Very Nice and very neat!

Its not about impressing or not, its whatever works for your particular needs!

Manny

Mike-KC8OWL

I love the BC III's .... my very first scanner was a Bearcat III with boards in it for VHF Low and VHF High - I still have it and it still works almost 30 years later!

intrepid97

I really LIKE the old Bearcats! I still say the audio clarity on those is exceptional. :)

KC0QNB

There is room for improvement, and updates as money flows in, I want to get a BCT15 and put it over there if I can but I am wondering if the RS232 cable has a length limit, although the radio shelf is only about 7 feet away, I have to run up and over a door between here and there, safety first you know. My shack/OpCen is in the NW corner of my basement, in a roughly 10X11 room, the computer is on the east (interior) wall, and the radio table is on the south (also an interior wall).
I have planned out what I would call the ultimate, OpCen, with capability to cover DC to Daylight (excluding cellular of course) But in order to do that I need to win the lottery, so I still dream.

cpuerror

RS232 is good for 15 ft, if you get a USB-SERIAL converter you can then use USB extension cables and get more then 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.