Not getting all frequencies when downloading from RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

just072954

Quoting Michael <mpatter4@nycap.rr.com>:

> Hello, I live here in Albany New York (Upstate) Anyways, I seem to have
> trouble with only one set of police freqs. I try to upload to the scanner...
> The Albany PD. There are 6 freqs. and I only get 4 of the 6? I have tried
> uploading many times and still only get 4 of them. I have tried to enter them
> manually and get a machine gun sound sometines in them and sometimes I get
> dispatch calls. I am using a radio shack pro 197 digital scanner and usb data
> cable with butel arc 500 software with a computer connected to cable.
>
>
> Here are the Freqs. (856.21250 856.43750 857.21250 858.21250 859.21250
> 860.21250)
>
>
> I know the first two are to ones that are active cause when I entered them in
> manually I was hearing the dispatch. I search the scanner bank before
> entering manually and didn't find the first two freqs. in the list above only
> the last four? am I doing something wrong? I am new to all this digital
> scanning but this is the first time I have had a problem.

I havew also discovered from this page:http://www.colonie.org/emer/Scanner Frequencies 04.pdf
I am missing lot of frequencies when downloading from radio references data base? the RS Pro 197 is a very complex radio to program manually and hoped RR would do it all for me with downloading.. Wondering if maybe RR can check it out or help me out somehow?

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
sounds to me that you programmed them in conventional mode instead of system type.example,motorolaor edacs etc.Try making sure its in program trunked mode and the motor-boat sound probably represents the control channel for that system

JoeyC

Is this a trunked system? Most software packages have an option to only download control channels, which is what this sounds like.

just072954

The system is trunked and I am downloading it from RR and they are not giving me the right freqs. I have listened to the bank setup for the albany police and hear nothing.. if I enter in the freqs. in the list in the link in my email I get to hear them. RR is not giving me all I need I believe... even though they have them trunked... really sucks... I pay for this service to make it easy for me but it's not going that way!!!!

JoeyC

Your pdf listing shows the same freqs as RR does, although RR has these freqs broken into 2 separate systems. I would tend to believe RR is correct, but 3000 miles away, I couldn' t tell you. It sounds like a programming error for sure. You only need the controls, as long as you program correctly. Keep playing with it, it'll work eventually.

just072954

I really need someone locally here to do a download from RR and see if they get the same results as I am getting.I have 3 new scanners here and get the same results on them all I have starsoft win 500 and butel arc 500 both on my RS Pro 197 base and RS Pro 106 handheld and also starsoft win 96 and butel arc 96 on my RS Pro 2096... I have no trouble with colonie p25 police and other departments .

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
When you connect to RR with your software there should be a tab "Trunk Options" examine this area. Turn them all on. Re download. Sets up for multiple trunk tracking freq's and downloads all freq.

Maybe this will help

Last edited:

JoeyC

Does it work when you upload with this win500 file?

(change .zip to .p500)

post your p500 file here please.

Attachments

• albany.zip
    4 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.