not getting all of radio traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarko730

scanner is jumping to another channel,getting bits and pieces of the conversation ,I cannot follow the whole conversation and my scelch is ok.Can anyone give me advice ? Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I think you are going to need to provide a bit more information. Such as scanner make/model and whom you are trying to monitor. It is really difficult to provide assistance without that information known to us.

tmarko730

ok new to this,this is a radio shack pro 197,had radio shack program the scanner,I got the chattanooga police and a few of the sourounding police departments except for the one I wanted,then I got a friend of mine to put more in with a program he has,Now when I am listing to Chattanooga police it will jump in the middle of a conversation and I cant get the full conversation,before my friend programed it i was listing to full conversation no jumping,I was happy with what i had,anyone have any ideas? thanks

tmarko730

radio traffic

i went to manual mode and it done the same thing,,it would leave in mid sentence and appeared to be scanning trunk channels and come back to it in a few seconds but kept skipping words.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
ok new to this,this is a radio shack pro 197,had radio shack program the scanner,I got the chattanooga police and a few of the sourounding police departments except for the one I wanted,then I got a friend of mine to put more in with a program he has,Now when I am listing to Chattanooga police it will jump in the middle of a conversation and I cant get the full conversation,before my friend programed it i was listing to full conversation no jumping,I was happy with what i had,anyone have any ideas? thanks

Sounds like your friend used Scancat Lite Plus and/or didn't know what he was doing...this is going to take a bit of reprogramming. I'm going to assume here that this is the system you were monitoring (anything in blue is a link)

Chattanooga/Hamilton County Public Safety Trunking System, Chattanooga, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

We have a fairly nice FAQ on the object oriented scanners here...I would suggest getting a USB cable and a copy of Win500 (Starrsoft). In the software article in the FAQ is a link called the 'Guide to Win500' which will guide you in using the RR web service to program your scanner...

GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

and if you don't understand what trunking is...

Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

I would go to the Tennessee forum and see if someone has a Hamilton county file for Win500 (make sure you specify what software you are using - not all software formats are compatible). Sometimes that's the easiest way to get started

73 Mike

tmarko730

programing went wrong

i thinkj progroming went wrong some way i couldnt stay up with the conversation during radio traffic,hcpholder is going to help me with it today and seeif we can figure it out,i went back to orignal radio shack program hearing all of radio traffic but not getting the channels that i should be getting.

Flatshovel

Going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you check to see if you have weather alert turned on? I know on my BC396XT with the alert on it will skip parts of the conversation as you are listening looking for the weather alert tone. Please post what model scanner that you have and that will give us more information to work with to try to narrow down the problem.

Joey

tmarko730

Joey I have the pro 197 and I got the problem straightened out thanks to a good friend from radio reference,the new scanner needed up dated and RS had put a program on that was out of date and conflicted with the scanner,but my buddy updated it and programed it and it is working like a top,Thanks so much for your interest in helping me.
Mark Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.