Not getting audio P-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

I sure hope I have the correct forum: Just had my SD Card updated , there are 5 counties entered, for some reason my Uniden 436 scans usually rite over P-25 sites, when it does lock on there is no audio, I am receiving signal very well, my range is within limit , running LMR 400 coax , with a NMO high frequency antenna, any suggestions out there or recommendations .

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Can you post a link to the trunk systems you are looking to monitor from the RRDB?
This issue you are having might be due to Simulcast.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What all new people to the hobby need to learn and answer these questions.
1. What is it you want to hear? (Police, Fire, EMS, what is the range you expect (how far do you want to hear)?
2. Where are you located?
3. What is your budget?
4. Do your homework What Type Systems are in use in your area. (P25, DMR, NXDN, SIMULCAST, TRUNKING)?
5. How technological savvy are you?
6. Do you want a Base Mobile or Handheld?
7. Do you understand BASIC COMPUTER COMMANDS (DOS COMMANDS)?
8. If needed can you put up your own outside antenna?
9. If you require assistance PLEASE LIST
A. Where you are.
B. What type Scanner you have.
C. How you are trying to program it (by hand or Software and IF BY SOFTWARE WHAT BRAND AND VERSION.
D. What problem you are having.
Answering all the above questions will give you the best option to buy the scanner that best works in your requirements and get you the best assistance from the members here.
There is not 1 member here that can answer a question posted this way. MY SCANNER DOES NOT RECEIVE.

KO4IPV

Can you post a link to the trunk systems you are looking to monitor from the RRDB?
This issue you are having might be due to Simulcast.
No sir, very new to this form I have not familiar with posting a link still working on that learning curve but however here are the counties I have listed or programmed in my SD card Alachua, Valosia,Sumter, Polk, and Putman counties

KO4IPV

No sir, very new to this form I have not familiar with posting a link still working on that learning curve but however here are the counties I have listed or programmed in my SD card Alachua, Valosia,Sumter, Polk, and Putman counties
Florida

KO4IPV

What all new people to the hobby need to learn and answer these questions.
1. What is it you want to hear? (Police, Fire, EMS, what is the range you expect (how far do you want to hear)?
2. Where are you located?
3. What is your budget?
4. Do your homework What Type Systems are in use in your area. (P25, DMR, NXDN, SIMULCAST, TRUNKING)?
5. How technological savvy are you?
6. Do you want a Base Mobile or Handheld?
7. Do you understand BASIC COMPUTER COMMANDS (DOS COMMANDS)?
8. If needed can you put up your own outside antenna?
9. If you require assistance PLEASE LIST
A. Where you are.
B. What type Scanner you have.
C. How you are trying to program it (by hand or Software and IF BY SOFTWARE WHAT BRAND AND VERSION.
D. What problem you are having.
Answering all the above questions will give you the best option to buy the scanner that best works in your requirements and get you the best assistance from the members here.
There is not 1 member here that can answer a question posted this way. MY SCANNER DOES NOT RECEIVE.
With all due respect sir I think I answered those questions in my initial comments with the exception of I want to receive police department fire department public safety is my main concern I am receiving everything else it’s just the P 25 signals that are not getting

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
You can post links by visiting the RRDB at www.radioreference.com/apps/db
Then go to your state and county
Then click on the trunk system you are having issues with.

In your browser bar, select the URL and then paste it as a reply to this thread.

Example: here is at the Alachua P25 system:

It is a simulcast 800Mhz System. This could be why you can't hear it, but are you in Alachua County when you have the problem or are you 50 - 100 miles away?

Status
Not open for further replies.