Not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQUA4706

I got uniden bcd325p2 from cb world in oregon i try to program but could not get it to program so i call uniden they try to help me but no luck . So they said to send it back so i did. today i had it for two day . The nice people at cb world said they would send me new one on monday . Has any body had a hard time programming bcd325p2 ? God bless

cg

Premium Subscriber
Pretty simple to program, a large trunking system would still be easy but take hours of keyboard programming. The easiest way is to use computer programming. I prefer ProScan, you get a 30 day free trial which should allow you to program the scanner for the first time. If you are a RR member, you can import systems directly into the software.

chris

Nasby

If you're trying to do it by hand, I hope you have a month of time and a lot of tylenol on hand.
Software is the way to go when programming these types of scanners.
Freescan is a free programming software that you can download. Of course there is other software as well.
Also, there are all kinds of videos on Youtube that can help.
Good luck!

garys

Premium Subscriber
When the 780XLT first came out I was an early adopter. The problem was that there was no software for it. So, I spend three days programming everything by hand. At the end of three days, I had a usable scanner and an unusable right wrist. Scanners have only become more complex since then and software is the only way to go.

If you're trying to do it by hand, I hope you have a month of time and a lot of tylenol on hand.
Software is the way to go when programming these types of scanners.
Freescan is a free programming software that you can download. Of course there is other software as well.
Also, there are all kinds of videos on Youtube that can help.
Good luck!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Does Freescan support the 325p2? I thought it went along with the 125AT with the free software from Uniden?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does Freescan support the 325p2? I thought it went along with the 125AT with the free software from Uniden?
FreeSCAN does support the 325P2 for analog and digital (P25) trunking systems. However, it only offers partial support for DMR. If you import a DMR system from RR into FreeSCAN, it uses the wrong system type. While you can correct that in the software, there is no way to enter a color code for DMR trunked or conventional. FreeSCAN has zero support for NXDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.