ARC500: Not happy with Butel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
So I bought a RS Pro 652 with the cable that came with the software of the regular version of ARC 500. So last week I decided to upgrade it to the Pro version. They request the keys to the old software. As from other posts this was an issue. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. I have been arguing with them for several days now. Today they said they sent the new keys 2 times that I needed to check my email and spam folder.

So I did just that. I don't get a lot of email on my account because I keep it private for the most part. But I checked it out 60 spam messages and 5 normal emails. None from Butel. I had already filed a PayPal complaint to have them refund my money since it was such a big issue. Now they are stating they have proof they sent the keys yet I don't have them.

So using the PayPal complaint system I requested that they post the keys there this way PayPal could verify what they were saying as true. Still waiting to hear back.

I can tell you this much Never again will I make a purchase from this company ever again. Even if there is no other software that can do the same job.

u2brent

OAMPT
Are you checking the email account associated with you paypal account?

I too have never had a problem..

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've bought Butel software since ARC780 came out and never had any problems with delivery of the keys. I would recheck my email accounts.

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
Ya I am still fighting them. Formally asked PayPal to elevate it. I asked Butel to just post the keys in the PayPal dispute window and they refused to do so. I figured they would because then it would be absolute proof that they gave me the keys.Nope not going to happen they said. SMFH. Instead they elected to not do that. I am so fed up with that company. NEVER AGAIN!

I have had the same email addy since 1997 when yahoo mail started.

Last edited:

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
Welp just waiting on PayPal now. See how this turns out. has been silent since I updated here and escalated in PayPal.

smason

Email is not 100% reliable. There are any number of reasons why it might not be working,

Customer service means finding an alternate method. It's not that hard. Dropbox, ftp, special link on their website, PM here. I can't believe they're just saying, "we sent it, it's your problem"
Oh wait, yes I can believe it, forgot who we were talking about for a second :)

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
ARC 500 Trashed

I bought ARC 500 and promptly threw it in the trash. In pales in comparison to Win500 since the latter has all of the information in one visual field.

prc117f

Ya I am still fighting them. Formally asked PayPal to elevate it. I asked Butel to just post the keys in the PayPal dispute window and they refused to do so. I figured they would because then it would be absolute proof that they gave me the keys.Nope not going to happen they said. SMFH. Instead they elected to not do that. I am so fed up with that company. NEVER AGAIN!

I have had the same email addy since 1997 when yahoo mail started.

The fact they are refusing to post the key in the dispute window says alot.

Well I will put them on my list of companies to avoid buying from.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I have never had any issues with BuTel. As stated above by user smason, e-mail is not always 100%. There may be systems in place on the back end that are preventing you from even seeing the messages.

Your SPAM folder is the last line of defense in the war against SPAM. If your e-mail provider thinks a message you are receiving is not legit or is SPAM, they have the ability to refuse the delivery of the message. If that happens, you will never see the message in your spam bucket, because your e-mail provider simply refused to open the door, so to speak, and allow the message to be processed by their server.

As many have stated before me, I'm just another long time satisfied BuTel customer lending my support to a great company. I am sorry to hear you had an issue with the licensing.

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
I would agree with you about the emails. If it was not for the fact that I had already been receiving them before. For it to suddenly stop tells me in my opinion of course that they never sent any emails and then add to the fact that they would not post it in the PayPal secure dispute resolution just drives that point home for me.

I am sorry that I am having a bad experience with them. Because their software is good. The only reason I wanted to upgrade was for the logging feature so that I could eliminate channels that were rarely if ever active. Other then that no reason to even upgrade.

I have done some java programming but this was done using VB 5/6.

What I would really like to know though is what this is?

Attribute VB_Name = "CandyButton" I looked all over in the program and can not seem to find it anywhere. Of course I did not spend a whole lot of time peaking under the hood maybe an hour or so.

Last edited:

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
Finally over!

Just got this email from paypal!

PayPal has concluded our investigation of your case.

Case ID: PP-004-382-537-453
Transaction Date: Nov 30, 2015
Transaction Amount: -$35.00 USD
Seller's Email: gbpay1@butel.nl
Seller's Name: Gommarius Buysen

Our investigation is complete and and we have recovered your funds. $35.00 USD has been credited to you. This is the maximum amount we were able to recover. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be posted.

We regret that you had this experience but hope that you are satisfied with this claim resolution.

Thank you,

Protection Services Department

Rarshaiz

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I was looking for in the arc500 pro was the logging feature. If none of that software has that I am not interested in it.

If I have to write my own program to do the logging bit myself I just may do that.

There is a work around to my problems. One that I did not want to have to use thus the reason I tried to purchase the software for my needs and put a few bucks in a fellow programmers pockets.

I know that it takes a ton of time to make this stuff work just the debugging alone is enough to tear ones hair out.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Win500 logs and records very good and it also comes with a free remote control software that works great on the PC format sorry no IOS or ANDROID but there are ways around this and it is alot cheaper than ARC500 PRO.

smason

Win500 logs and records very good and it also comes with a free remote control software that works great on the PC format sorry no IOS or ANDROID but there are ways around this and it is alot cheaper than ARC500 PRO.

There's a paid (reasonable) client for Android. Works quite well too. I may be switching back to IOS and will miss it, though mostly I just need to listen and not control, so fstream on IOS will suffice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.