Not hearing a lot these days......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead531

Seems like we've been hearing less and less on our scanner over the last year or so. Is this due to them changing systems possibly? Or, maybe we need to re program?? I have no clue how to set it up, I purchased this scanner for my husband several years ago for Christmas and he has been complaining for months that he isn't hearing what he used too on it. It is a Pro 96 from Radio Shack, they programmed it for me when I bought it. Any thoughts??

N8IAA

Seems like we've been hearing less and less on our scanner over the last year or so. Is this due to them changing systems possibly? Or, maybe we need to re program?? I have no clue how to set it up, I purchased this scanner for my husband several years ago for Christmas and he has been complaining for months that he isn't hearing what he used too on it. It is a Pro 96 from Radio Shack, they programmed it for me when I bought it. Any thoughts??

Well, one thing comes to mind......radio shack programmed it for you. What do you have programmed into the scanner? State, county, cities? Without knowing what, we can't really help. Some things that could have happened in the time that you got the radio, and I sold my 96 3 years ago, are rebanding of trunked systems, conventional frequencies changed, and the radio is not up to date on all of that. Post where you live, and what you're monitoring. We'll try to help.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.