Not hearing Chenal since rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhambuchen

Premium Subscriber
From Conway, the Chenal site provided almost constant AWIN traffic. Since the rebanding (not sure if that had anything to do with it) the Chenal site seems to be quiet. Programmed my 396XT with Chenal as the ONLY site, and placed in SEARCH mode, but still do not receive any traffic. Am I missing something? Are the Freqs in RadioReference correct for this site? Other sites in my vicinity are working normally.

7eng

851.13750, 852.43750, 856.18750c ,856.76250, 857.76250, 858.76250, 859.76250a
These are the frequencies for Chenal. Do you have BOTH control channels programmed?
856.1875 and 859.7625 are both listed as control frequencies, and the site may be switching between these for the control channel. Does your radio have the ability to be programmed with ONLY the primary and alternate control channels?(In other words, can the radio find the correct voice channels by reading the control channel?) If so, that might be helpful in solving the problem. That's what I did with my RS Pro 106, and Chenal is very active for me. Also, you might check the manual to read up on how your radio handles rebanded situations. Sometimes, certain radios require customizing some settings to handle rebanded systems. Just a thought.

Last edited:

bhambuchen

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Just knowing the traffic is there, along with your suggestions will give me a direction to go. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.