Not hearing Chesterfield Fire/EMS Tac channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

1dougsk

Premium Subscriber
For the past couple of days I have not been hearing anything at all on Chesterfield Fire/EMS tac channels and Ops. 2. Only hearing the dispatch channel. I’m listening on a Uniden 436. Have checked to see that I had the correct Service Types set. They are set for “Fire Tac”, which is correct according to the RR Data Base. I have been doing an “ID search” instead of “ID scan”, and so far have not heard anything that sounds like it would be the Chesterfield tac channels. Has something changed? Are the tac channels now encrypted?
Anybody else notice this, or have any info about what‘s going on? Thanks.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Pause on the tac channel. Look at the screen. If you see ENC on your screen, then they have gone encrypted.

1dougsk

Premium Subscriber
Well after much frustration, investigation, and fiddling around, I finally got this figured out.
First of all, pinballwiz86, thanks for your reply.
Second, the tac channels are not encrypted.
A few days ago I imported some other stuff into the scanner from the Sentinel software. Somehow in that process, a setting got changed that I wasn’t aware of. Here’s what I had to do, in case someone else ever runs into this problem:
I had to press the function button on the side of the scanner, and then press the “ZIP-SERVICES” button. That brings up the “Select Service SYS=Exit” list. Has to scroll down to the Fire-Tac setting and turn it “On.” It was not sufficient to just go to the main menu and “Select Service Types.” I had already done that last night. Had to change that setting in both places. Don’t know why. Anyway, all is well now—getting the Tac channels now.

fredva

Feed Provider
For my own education - are you using zip code scanning instead of Favorites Lists? Just trying to confirm if that setting only matters when using zip code scanning.

1dougsk

Premium Subscriber
Actually I’m using Favorites Lists. I only went to that “Zip-Services” button out of desperation and as a last resort because nothing else I had tried had worked. Turns out the solution to my problem was there. I was surprised, but happy that solved it. Learn something new every day don’t we?

fredva

Feed Provider
Actually I’m using Favorites Lists. I only went to that “Zip-Services” button out of desperation and as a last resort because nothing else I had tried had worked. Turns out the solution to my problem was there. I was surprised, but happy that solved it. Learn something new every day don’t we?

Yes indeed. I will try to keep that setting in mind in case I find myself in a similar situation, if that setting is on the SDS-100 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.