Not Hearing Flower Mound

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
On my BCD536HP, I've programmed Flower Mound. I also have Flower Mound on Broadcastify. On Broadcastify I hear Flower Mound PD, but nothing on the scanner.

I looked at the groups on Broadcastify, and looked on the scanner, and the same groups are in the scanner.
I have Lewisville Simulcast and Denton County Simulcast both programmed in.
I pulled it from Sentinel, and updated Sentinel, still nothing.
I'm in Flower Mound, so in range of the towers, good signal strength on the display.

Any ideas?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Probably simulcast distortion(search the forums for numerous other discussions on the topic). You might try moving the antenna. Unfortunately, that scanner does not handle simulcast well. Double-check your squelch also. Mine is usually at 2.

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
Probably simulcast distortion. There's a tower in Denton, one in Lewisville, both pretty close to each other. I imagine the Denton County tower isn't far from me.

Thanks.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Howdy - You might try attenuating the signal to see if it makes a difference or not...try different location(s) in house / year or drive test as options to confirm you are getting anything...always double check the Service Types in case they were accidentally turned off...

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
Well, in Sentinel, I changed digital threshold mode to manual and set digital threshold level to 6.
I started receiving transmissions. On Broadcastify, the transmissions come across a few minutes later, so I guess they are delayed there.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
On my 436 i would run digital at manual and 8. But glad you are able to get reception again. Keep in mind that if you move around you may loose signal again as the system your monitoring is simulcast.

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
On my 436 i would run digital at manual and 8. But glad you are able to get reception again. Keep in mind that if you move around you may loose signal again as the system your monitoring is simulcast.
Thanks. It is a base station so doesn't move.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. It is a base station so doesn't move.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
You might try a paper clip antenna.
Paperclip antenna
Basically, you have such a "poor" antenna that the out of sync signals from other subsites are too weak to affect your reception. The disadvantage is that with a poor antenna, systems farther away might not be received as all.

I'm monitoring NTIRN with several older models that are not 'simulcast friendly'.

My 325P2 has one of the Diamond RH771 antennas on it. But I have the scanner laying flat on my computer desk. It's getting probably 50$ or so of the calls.

One of my 436HP's is next to the 325P2, with the same antenna, also laying flat. Compared to the SDS200, a couple of feet away, it's getting 60 to 70% of the calls. I have a number of other systems programmed in both of these scanners, so neither is 'parked' on NTIRN.

My other 436HP is on the nightstand in my bedroom. It has one of the older 'OEM-Hears Nothing' antennas, and is vertical. It's in the 80% decoding range compared to the SDS100 next to it.

Also in my bedroom is my HP-2. It also has one of the Diamond antennas, with the antenna laid flat. It's probably 60% decoding range. Not getting everything, but still enough to be useful as an addition to the other two scanners (SDS100 & 436HP) sitting near the HP-2.