Not hearing Livingston county

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey60

Ok I think this is what I was not understanding. So when someone keys up and it actually goes through the tower I'm scanning I'll hear that talkgroup. If not I wont.

Close. As long as there is a system radio that has registered (affiliated with) that talkgroup on that tower, you'll hear that talkgroup from that tower. It doesn't have to be that radio that's transmitting in order to hear it.

If there are no system users on that talkgroup using that tower site, you won't hear it at all from that site.

Mike

B1717

That is correct. Traffic is only carried on the tower which the radio is affiliated with. Washtenaw should be on your list if you can receive it from your location. Back when the state built this system it was originally designed for the state police and for mobile coverage. That changed once they allowed other agencies to come on and those agencies built simulcast systems. Abesent that the state hasn't put up many new radio sites and probably won't anytime soon. Oakland county is a GREAT example, tons of MPSCS users go there and it's crap coverage to be nice about it. (Yes I know Oakland has there own)
Bummer. Guess I'm just out of luck. Washtenaw doesn't come in with enough strength to decode and I can't put an outdoor antenna up due to apartment rules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

RayAir

Bummer. Guess I'm just out of luck. Washtenaw doesn't come in with enough strength to decode and I can't put an outdoor antenna up due to apartment rules.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was sort of in the same boat dealing with HOA's.

I'm not saying this will work, but maybe try setting up an indoor 800MHz Yagi with low loss coax. Possibly in an attic or as high as possible?

Maybe you could grab another site closer to the area you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.