Not hearing Phoenix Fire K10,11 and12?

W7IDU

Premium Subscriber
My G4 doesn't always hear traffic on Phx Fire K10, 11 and 12, and it's kind of random. The pager was programmed with RR. All the other channels work fine. I also have a Motorola APX setup with NAS, and its the exact same deal, when one doesn't hear traffic, neither does the other. Any ideas?

Thanks!

918Dave

Since you hear the other channels just fine one would think you'd hear those just fine too. When I first programmed my G5 it was hit or miss with everything. No signal when it should be receiving. I swapped out the stock antenna for one of those old Remtronix scanner antennas. Night and day results. RWC B site and 2 control channels works for me here in old Glendale.

W7IDU

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a Motorola 7/800 antenna on it, and my reception here in Surprise is great on G and B. The issue happens randomly no matter where I am, on B or G. Very strange.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Assuming that scanners are not hearing these transmissions either, encryption for certain 'sensitive' incidents on their Major Incident channels?

Foresigt

Premium Subscriber
"Sensitive" incidents are run on K3 and K4 as those are encrypted.

KB7MIB

K4 and K5 should be the encrypted TG's for sensitive operations.
K2 and K3 should both be clear.

As to why you're not hearing ops on K10+, could it be possible that they are not carried on all simulcasts at all times? I've had instances where I could not hear K8 on Simulcast G. I had to have Simulcast B active to hear it. Perhaps, at least on occasion, the higher TG's are the same.

That's the only thing I can think of, other than a programming error, such as not having the correct or all of the control channels. (Or they've made changes to what frequencies are being used as control channels, and that info hasn't yet been discovered and submitted to the DB.)

John
Peoria

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
FYI, be careful with aftermarket antennas on Unication pagers. They have a tendency to push down the center pin inside the G4/5 and will cause no reception issues. Doesnt apply to this particular scenario as your able to receive the system but its something you want to be aware of.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I dont monitor that system, but i did notice that K10, 11 and 12 say Major Incident / Mountain Rescue.
So im wondering if perhaps when they are on that talk group they are in an area with mountain coverage and on a different site. IF your far away and on a different site, and no one is affiliated with those talk groups near you, you wont hear the traffic. What site is your G5 affiliated with? Pretty much the same thing u/kb7mib is saying
If it was my unication device i would check to see what sites you have programmed in, if they have primary and alternate CC, are set properly with site designators, like 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 These are all important for the G4/5 to work properly. And since you programmed it with RR it might do good to double check stuff. I never imported from RR for my equipment, I always manually programmed them.