Not Hearing Troop G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas486

Feed Provider
I can pick up Troop G without a problem on Troop A&I control channel (851.6375), but when I am in Wesptort and only have Troop G's control channel and alternate control channel selected (853.7500, 853.2000), I don't get them at all.

Anyone having issues with Troop G other than me?

Troop G

I can pick up Troop G without a problem on Troop A&I control channel (851.6375), but when I am in Wesptort and only have Troop G's control channel and alternate control channel selected (853.7500, 853.2000), I don't get them at all.

Anyone having issues with Troop G other than me?

I've been hearing Troop G all day on site 5, Control Channel 853.5625

Attachments

• csp G.jpg
    csp G.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 480

Chas486

Feed Provider
Troop G

Hmm, I don't see 853.5265 as a control channel for Troop G. I see that as a control channel for Troop F (primary). I get the Troop G cars on both the Troop F and Troop A&I control channels, but cannot get them when only Troop G control channels are active.

My scanner (BCD996P2) in my car is setup for GPS enabling. When I get into Troop G territory, it turns off Troop F and Troop A&I control channels. That leaves me with only Troop G control channels. That is when I get nothing from Troop G. I just reprogrammed it to leave A&I on at a further distance. I work in lower Fairfield County, so we will see what happens tomorrow.

My home scanner, also a 996P2, is setup to scan Troop F, Troop A&I and Troop G sites. I only get hits on my Troop F, A&I control channels. I still don't get this Motorola stuff as I see frequencies that I am picking up the different troops on, that are not programmed in my scanner.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing any traffic from the system and not Troop G? check lockouts
Are you not hearing traffic from the system when monitoring Site 1 (SW CT - Troop G)? Do you have a signal when it stops on the G CC (assuming it does)? Could be locked out CC or even a problem with a band plan if you have reprogrammed lately. It is almost a certainty it is not the State system and is in your programming.
The scanner is working elsewhere so it is very unlikely to be mechanical/electronic/antenna.
Again, it very likely goes back to programming/lockouts.
Download the radio and check everything, lockouts, range, channels, quick keys, frequencies, modes.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
It isn't a CC for Zone 1 (Troop G), 853.5625 is a CC for Zone 5 (Troop F). Since Troop G covers I-95 right up and into the Troop F area, there is seldom a time where someone is not affiliated to Troop G on that Zone.

chris

Chas486

Feed Provider
I hear Troop G, but only when I have the antennas for Troop F (Zone 5) or Troop A&I (Zone 2) active. When I am in Fairfield County, the scanner locks out Zones 2 and 5, and just leaves on Zone 1 (Troop G). This is when I hear nothing. Is it that most of the transmissions are picked up over Zones 2 and 5, and no troopers are talking on the radio when they are in Greenwich? Probably not, but that seems to be what is occurring here.

I just don't hear Troop G when I have the antennas for Troop G turned on. All the hits in my software show Troop G coming off of F or A&I antennas. I can get H, L, A, F, I, and G on Zones 2 and 5, but I get nothing from Zone 1 at all.

It isn't locked out, it is scanning the frequencies just fine, but no transmissions. I am going to keep my computer attached to the scanner for the day, and see what I get for hits when I am at work.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect. Most of CSP is operating on a Motorola Type II Smart Zone system with P25 audio. The new CSPERN system is a true P25 Phase 1 system. Troop G is operating on that system, or at the least has talk groups assigned on that system.

From the notes in the RRDB, the new system will eventually replace the existing legacy system.

I don't know if the OP is trying to listen to Troop G on the new system, but if so, that might be why he's not hearing Troop G. The system seems to be mostly built in the Hartford area, so coverage is not complete.

BTW, for those who want to get a head start on programming the system for a scanner. It appears that the digital talk groups will be the current talk groups divided by 16.

The whole CSP system is P25, and has been for a very long time.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was down in NH County today and found Zone 1 using 853.3875 as a CC. I was able to hear all traffic including Troop G Dispatch 1

chris

Chas486

Feed Provider
I was down in NH County today and found Zone 1 using 853.3875 as a CC. I was able to hear all traffic including Troop G Dispatch 1

chris

This is interesting news.

So I left my computer hooked up to my scanner today, and only got Troop G on Troop A&I CC's (210 hits). No transmissions on the Troop G CC's. I will add the new CC that you suggest (853.3875) and see what happens tomorrow.

APX7500X2

This is interesting news.

So I left my computer hooked up to my scanner today, and only got Troop G on Troop A&I CC's (210 hits). No transmissions on the Troop G CC's. I will add the new CC that you suggest (853.3875) and see what happens tomorrow.

I'm getting Troop G on the 853.750 CC no problem in Bridgeport and Stamford

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Incorrect. Most of CSP is operating on a Motorola Type II Smart Zone system with P25 audio. The new CSPERN system is a true P25 Phase 1 system. Troop G is operating on that system, or at the least has talk groups assigned on that system.

So ... if you are monitoring the system you must set it for P25. In my XTS 3000 and 2500 it must be set to Astro. Yes, it is a Type II Smart Zone , but it is P25. You can't hear it in analog.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are monitoring the 800 system, it is a Motorola Type II. If you are monitoring the 700MHz side, it is a P25 Phase 2 system (Phase 2 only for testing right now).

It is possible that odd Control Channel I got was an issue with my UniTrunker setup because the channel number was the same as the 853.7500 (549).

chris

APX7500X2

So ... if you are monitoring the system you must set it for P25. In my XTS 3000 and 2500 it must be set to Astro. Yes, it is a Type II Smart Zone , but it is P25. You can't hear it in analog.

The current CSP system in Type II Smart Zone with Digital voice (No P25)
The New system is P25 Phase II (Running Phase I right now)
Astro is Motorola's term for Digital voice, P25 is a set of standards for digital communications.
The problem is lots of people and manufactures use the term P25 to mean digital voice when P25 is a set of standards for digital communications.
You can have digital voice with out being P25

garys

Premium Subscriber
Very nice summation. Which I fully intend to appropriate in the future.

The current CSP system in Type II Smart Zone with Digital voice (No P25)
The New system is P25 Phase II (Running Phase I right now)
Astro is Motorola's term for Digital voice, P25 is a set of standards for digital communications.
The problem is lots of people and manufactures use the term P25 to mean digital voice when P25 is a set of standards for digital communications.
You can have digital voice with out being P25

Status
Not open for further replies.