Not Much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris480

How come you guys dont chat on here more? Not much activity in the fourm lately whats going on? BTW I am loving my new 396T, still having a little issues with PPD chopy. But seems to work great when I lay in my bed, thats the best spot in the house for some reason, and I have to hold it. Might look at getting an outdoor ant soon. Cant mount it on roof HOA! So ill have to find one that can go in window or something. Any one have suggestions? The Yagi is out because it cant go on roof!

FreqOfNature

How come you guys dont chat on here more? Not much activity in the fourm lately whats going on? BTW I am loving my new 396T, still having a little issues with PPD chopy. But seems to work great when I lay in my bed, thats the best spot in the house for some reason, and I have to hold it. Might look at getting an outdoor ant soon. Cant mount it on roof HOA! So ill have to find one that can go in window or something. Any one have suggestions? The Yagi is out because it cant go on roof!

How about mounting an antenna in your attic, that should not bother your HOA.

Tracy
www.freqofnature.com

chris480

Thought of that but My bedroom where I listen most of the time is far way, and the attic doesnt go on that part of house because it has high roof. Is there a really good window or ant that would work good in side? What if I was to get a yagi and put it inside the house how would that work? Maybe at a window?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Thought of that but My bedroom where I listen most of the time is far way, and the attic doesnt go on that part of house because it has high roof. Is there a really good window or ant that would work good in side? What if I was to get a yagi and put it inside the house how would that work? Maybe at a window?

For PPD it might work quite well. Remember, the yagi isn't being used to pull in a distant signal here, it's being used to attenuate the other towers. So for this application an indoor yagi might be just the ticket.

-AZ

jambo

For PPD it might work quite well. Remember, the yagi isn't being used to pull in a distant signal here, it's being used to attenuate the other towers. So for this application an indoor yagi might be just the ticket.

-AZ

Can you please provide a link to this indoor yagi. It sounds like something I need as well.
Thanks...

wlmr

Can you please provide a link to this indoor yagi. It sounds like something I need as well.
Thanks...

For the most part, an 800 MHz yagi that can be used outdoors can be brought indoors. (Don't try this at VHF!) :) The plus is you can also use it as a coat hanger! If you have a "man cave" where you won't catch heat for visual impact, this may be as far as you need to look.

On a more serious note, there are products that are marketed for the cellular indoor repeater arena that are much more low-key.

Haven't done it myself but I wouldn't be suprised you would find something by googling indoor cellular antennas. Just look for something with some directionality and just as important, some rejection from the sides & back.

Good luck & let us know if you find anything cool!

chris480

Cool ill look just getting over the $500 purchase of the scanner LOL! SO how does this hanger thing work?

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Have you thought about a glass mount? I'm not sure on how well would it work, but you might want to give it a try

chris480

Yea thought about a glass mount! Think I will go for the Yagi indoors once I save some more $. So how can I work with a hanger can that really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.