Not picking up Fremont CA PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilson317

Hi there,

I haven't used my scanner (Uniden BCD436HP) for quite a while. I decided to dust it off, refresh the firmware, and download an updated database. I live in Fremont. I don't seem to be picking up any Fremont PD or Alameda Co Fire. I cam picking up BART, BART PD, San Jose, CHP, etc. All services are turned on and I am currently scanning the full database for my zip code. I am probably missing something obvious, but am running out of things to troubleshoot. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
There are some dead spots in Fremont. Make sure you are tuned to the ALCO SW Simulcast site. Depending on where you live in Fremont, this may be the only site you will hear. And that one site is sometimes dead in parts of Fremont. Move your radio around the house, or go mobile and see if you can find a hot spot. I listen everyday to FPD and they are operational on EBRCS.

Hi there,

I haven't used my scanner (Uniden BCD436HP) for quite a while. I decided to dust it off, refresh the firmware, and download an updated database. I live in Fremont. I don't seem to be picking up any Fremont PD or Alameda Co Fire. I cam picking up BART, BART PD, San Jose, CHP, etc. All services are turned on and I am currently scanning the full database for my zip code. I am probably missing something obvious, but am running out of things to troubleshoot. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve
what time of antenna do you have? I just picked up a few of the Laird BB7603R from antenna farm . com and I can get the Alameda side of the ERBCS without problem from south San Jose and had to disconnect my amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.