not picking up OCALA

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
no longer hearing the Ocala dispatch transmissions... educated guess is that they have changed to digital, finally, after it was announced almost two years ago that they would be upgrading thier system with grant monies. A week ago, dispatching for the city was in the news, and they had voted 4 to 1 to withdraw from the dispatch merger with Marion County, and in the same article, it stated that Ocala's radio system is under rebuilding / upgrading by Motorola, and is 90 percent completed... that was about a week or so ago in the Ocala Star Banner... I imagine the system is now complete, as my Pro-106 no longer receives any Ocala comms. Anyone have any info, please pass it along. Thanks in advance.

Highpockets

no longer hearing the Ocala dispatch transmissions... educated guess is that they have changed to digital, finally, after it was announced almost two years ago that they would be upgrading thier system with grant monies. A week ago, dispatching for the city was in the news, and they had voted 4 to 1 to withdraw from the dispatch merger with Marion County, and in the same article, it stated that Ocala's radio system is under rebuilding / upgrading by Motorola, and is 90 percent completed... that was about a week or so ago in the Ocala Star Banner... I imagine the system is now complete, as my Pro-106 no longer receives any Ocala comms. Anyone have any info, please pass it along. Thanks in advance.

You've been around a while and I'm sure you tried this, I would first using the Tune button try all the freq's in the system to see if the CC has changed, and try P25 auto.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
didnt do anything the first time i tried the P25... worked the second time, I simply switch from Motorola 800/900 on my Pro-106 to P25 and the frequencies are the same, and the existing CC seems to restore the comms. I can hear the Ocala trunk system again, but the talkgroups have all been renumbered, it seems I pick up a few of the systems talkgroups only while in wildcard mode, which means that I have approx 40 talkgroups to reconfirm and assign them permanently into my scanner with proper alpha tags. These TG's include city of Ocala Police, Fire Rescue, and city services. This will surely keep me busy for a while !! I shall help and submit confirmed TGID's to the RR database as I confirm them. I have submitted many in the past... this is like starting all over again.

Highpockets

didnt do anything the first time i tried the P25... worked the second time, I simply switch from Motorola 800/900 on my Pro-106 to P25 and the frequencies are the same, and the existing CC seems to restore the comms. I can hear the Ocala trunk system again, but the talkgroups have all been renumbered, it seems I pick up a few of the systems talkgroups only while in wildcard mode, which means that I have approx 40 talkgroups to reconfirm and assign them permanently into my scanner with proper alpha tags. These TG's include city of Ocala Police, Fire Rescue, and city services. This will surely keep me busy for a while !! I shall help and submit confirmed TGID's to the RR database as I confirm them. I have submitted many in the past... this is like starting all over again.

Try running Unitrunker or Trunk88, it will help with vehicle affiliations with the TG's, that may help with identifying the TG's.

Nice job getting it working. :D

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What do you have so far, Kevin? Yesterday I snagged TG 6, which sounded like OPD 1. Also TG 15, unknown user, possibly PD.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
New Ocala DIGITAL trunk system update info for locals

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What do you have so far, Kevin? Yesterday I snagged TG 6, which sounded like OPD 1. Also TG 15, unknown user, possibly PD.

TGID 12 is OPD ch 3
TGID 15 is OPD TAC 1
TGID 6 is OPD ch 2
TGID 181 is the main WATER PLANT desk
TGID 221 is Ocala SUNTRAN Buses

I will be monitoring all weekend, to confirm the systems TG's

The system ID is 462 & I receive the system on Tower Site 101 (TO101)
WACN: BEEOO and there is a total of 12 freq's to the system.
859.93750 is the main cc in use at this time. there are 3 alternates.
This is a true Motorola digital system.

Ocala Fire Rescue has not been added to the digital system, they are on the analog system of the trunked freq's at this time.

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

Thanks.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
TGID 18 - is used by pd might be a tac channel.....couple hits on the talkgroup with cops talking about a case file & tickets also logged talkgroup 101 unknown use

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
Ocala p25 system updates

TGID: 50- Ocala Fire Dispatch

yes, Ocala Fire Rescue is TGID 50 and in addition, I can confirm the following:

TGID 54 OCALA FIRE ADMIN
TGID 61 OCALA FIRE RESCUE TAC 1
TGID 62 OCALA FIRE RESCUE TAC 2
TGID 63 OCALA FIRE RESCUE TAC 3

I confirmed these a few days ago, and have already submitted them to radioreference, in order to update the Ocala system in our database here.

also, TGID 44 is OPD ANNOUNCE

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

If TGID 6 is OPD 2, then what is TGID 7? I've heard dispatch type traffic since yesterday.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
learning the new P25 Ocala trunk system.

If TGID 6 is OPD 2, then what is TGID 7? I've heard dispatch type traffic since yesterday.

while using wildcard on my Pro-106 I captured TGID 6, 7, and 8.

TGID 6 I had believed to be OPD dispatch, as that was being used as dispatch comms exclusively at the beginning of this new P25 upgraded system... then, wildcard hits started recently on TGID 7 and then again on TGID 8. I pressed manual on my scanner, and I go up or down and toggle between the 3 TG's and all the comms are one in the same... dispatch

I further noticed, that during a trunk system anylize using my pro96com trunking software, that TGID 6 is a PATCH and TGID 8 is a PATCH and TGID 7 comes up as a standard trunk system TGID. No matter which of these 3 talkgroups I monitor (6,7,&8) they all transmit the same dispatch communication simultaniously. Currently I have 2 theory's...One of these must be the ALL CITY (CITY-WIDE) broadcast transmission and was being used when the system first came on-line to reach all OPD officers & staff OR is it possible the TGID 7 is the standard (TRUE) TGID for dispatch and group 6 and group 8 are repeater TG's.

all I know, from anylizing the system with pro96com, is that TGID 6 or 7 or 8 all have the same transmission as the dispatch channel for OPD , and that if I monitor TG 6 OR TG 8 , they come up as "patched" with TG 7. Further monitoring of these 3 TG's should bring a confirmation soon as to how the new channel layout is being set in place.

ALSO, SOMETHING INTERESTING... Ocala Fire Rescue when still on the old analog 800 mhz trunk system 2 months back, would have dispatch rebraodcast the fire & rescue calls on vhf because of the station tone-outs... thier 800Mhz trunk system couldn't transmit the tone-outs, so they had kept thier VHF freq for that purpose. NOW I am beginning to notice, that when OFR dispatches a fire or rescue call (on the new P25 digital trunk system on TGID 50) they also send a simultanious "patch" to the Talkgroup of the station designated to respond to the incident. Heres an example of what I confirmed 2 days ago... on the new P25 system, an auto accident was dispatched out over OFR DISP TGID 50 to Engine and Rescue 1 and it was also dispatched over a "patched talkgroup" TGID 81. An hour later, there was a gas leak reported at E-ONE (the fire engine manufacturer in Ocala) and multiple stations were dispatched on OFR TGID 50... along with multiple "patched" talkgroups including TGID 81, 82, & 85. That appeared to be a transmitted patch to individual stations, to alert them (in-house) of the fire call they needed to respond to. There were also one or two more patches, also in the 80's allocation of TG's, which could have been alerts for a department Chief, or Batt Chief. But all of the patches were in the 80's numbers, therefore, TG's in the 80's are most likely blocked, or grouped as station radio channels. Each fire station may have a new radio in thier apparatus room, or office, broadcast over a speaker or two with-in each station, and thats probably how they did away with tones-outs on the new system. This was all noticed while I was anylizing the new P25 system using pro96com trunking software. Further monitoring shall bring me confirmations and more results. Keep in mind that TGID 61, 62, and 63 are OFR TAC channels, and I have yet to hear OFR Training, and OFR Fire Prevention talkgroups, so the system is still being pieced together, and I'm sure the 60's grouping of talkgroups shall be a block of OFR channels.

Evidently, this new Ocala P25 system is keeping the Motorola techs busy... alot of testing and test counts monitored on the 80's grouping of talkgroups. The Ocala system is so new, and obviously being added to and updated on a daily basis, and it continues to grow with radio clientel. It's sort of exciting.

Last edited:

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
keep in mind, that Ocala does not usually run the City Wide channel all day long, I've usually seen them run the channel for short periods and occasionally periods of up to a few hours, so basically I am waiting to see when the patches drop out, to try to confirm which TGID is being used for the ALL CITY (OPD City Wide) transmission. Apparently, the TG's are still being built and configured, it's going to be a long process till everything they want is in the trunk system.

One thing that might help locals who wish to monitor the new Ocala digital trunked system, is that most of the agencies with-in the city have new radios in thier console, from where they dispatch from. If your monitoring Wildcards with-in this trunk system, and have your digital scanner set to read and interperet the RID or radio ID numbers, the following info may be useful in determining what agency or city affiliation is transmitting.

Ocala Police have dispatch consoles, and are currently using RID 1, RID 2, RID 3, RID 4.
Ocala Fire Rescue dispatches out of RID 6, and RID 7.
Ocala Electric & Utilities are dispatching from RID 8, and RID 9.
so, if you happen to get a wildcard hit with-in the trunk system, and the RID is 3 or 4, or 1, that new talkgroup associated with that RID, you may have just stumbled upon may be a TGID channel for the Ocala Police... and if you get a hit and the radio ID number is 8 or 9, it could be a talkgroup affiliated with Water, Electric, or local city utilities workers such as water meter readers, or electric disconnect/reconnect services.

I have also noticed that some trunk system clients here seem to be dispatching from a RID number that closely resembles a stock radio RID, and may not be dispatching from a large radio console, but more likely a standard issued radio, similar to the mobile radio devices that are mounted in most city vehicles. Room permitting in an office or maint shop, the mobile radio may be mounted at a dispatchers desk or remote office location. This I cant confirm, just an educated guess. I have monitored Public Works dispatching from a RID number that closely resembled the vehicle unit radio he was conversating with in the field.... just a few numbers away.

also, Ocala Fire Rescue is using Visinet, a CAD system, and this has reduced radio traffis dramatically. Marion County uses it also, they refer to it as silent dispatch, and it too eliminates quite a few radio transmissions... not what scanner enthusiasts want to see, but this is the wave of the future. Marion County received Accredition of excellence for implementing and utilizing thier Visinet system...

VisiNet Mobile is a wireless PC-based mobile fleet application that seamlessly extends Computer-Aided Dispatch
(CAD) Systems to in-vehicle laptop computers. The secure, wireless solution operates on a variety of wireless
platforms, and provides FIPS 140-2 compliant access to mission-critical information while out in the field.
Field personnel have the ability to make on-scene decisions that enhance personnel safety, and improve
operational efficiency through secure, real-time access to CAD, RMS, CJIS and other public/proprietary
databases. In addition, this robust, scalable solution provides full messaging capability to bridge the
communication gap between the dispatch center and field personnel.
VisiNet Mobile features include:
Integrated CAD functionality
• “Self dispatch” of units to incidents — such
as Traffic Stops
• Configurable audio alerts notify user of new
incident, new waiting incident, waiting
• Configurable incident notification screen
• Waiting and active incident status and
unit status
• Drill down into queues for incident details
• View premise hydrant, hazmat data and
premise history
• Automatic field level incident updates
Interface
• Form-driven queries and updates to CAD, RMS and CJIS
• Customizable user interface utilizing configurable buttons, forms and
function keys
• Access to public and proprietary databases
In vehicle mapping
• Workflow mapping integrated with live GPS updates
• Real time situational awareness for immediate identification of the correct incident location, and closest units
• Routable mapping with built-in AVL & driving directions
• Displays location and status of units within the same sector
• Fully compliant ESRI GIS and custom layers, including satellite image overlays

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

Thanks for that info Kevin.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
More talkgroups & confirmations - from yesterday afternoon

101 City Utilities - Electric general dispatch/traffic
103 City Utilities - Water "list of water disconnects"
111 City Utilities - Cable "pulling fiber"

007 Ocala Police - with 'patch' (when locked out, I heard OPD dispatch on t/g 8)

62 popped up after a fire dispatch, no audio (likely caught tail-end of transmission)

Not much new, but didn't have much time to spend in the city. With my GRE PSR-500 and -800, using stock and Radio Shack 800 MHz antennae, I can hear Ocala north to almost Irvine. After that, I lose the signal (goes all R2D2). Have a VHF/UHF antenna installed on my truck, but it's not great for 800MHz.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
More talkgroups & confirmations - from yesterday afternoon

101 City Utilities - Electric general dispatch/traffic
103 City Utilities - Water "list of water disconnects"
111 City Utilities - Cable "pulling fiber"

007 Ocala Police - with 'patch' (when locked out, I heard OPD dispatch on t/g 8)

62 popped up after a fire dispatch, no audio (likely caught tail-end of transmission)

Not much new, but didn't have much time to spend in the city. With my GRE PSR-500 and -800, using stock and Radio Shack 800 MHz antennae, I can hear Ocala north to almost Irvine. After that, I lose the signal (goes all R2D2). Have a VHF/UHF antenna installed on my truck, but it's not great for 800MHz.

TGID 62 is an Ocala Fire Rescue TAC Channel.

TGID 61 OFR TAC 1
TGID 62 OFR TAC 2
TGID 63 OFR TAC 3

OFR will transmit all calls on TGID 50 and then inform the dispatched units to respond on a designated (available) TAC channel. You may have heard a responding unit (acknoweledging the dispatch) on the TAC channel that you mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.