HP-1: Not picking up one frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire3286

What do you guys think about this, I am at a loss and its weird.
So I have 2 home patrol 1's and they both do the same thing. They will not pick up 154.340 which is a fire frequency.

All my basic scanners capture it, my pager and my radio catch it all sitting at the same spot. Ive checked the programming and it shows that it is not avoided, mode is correct at NFM, there is a PL code that I have even tried entering just trying it out even though none of my other scanners have pl code for this frequency. And I get nothing.

Attenuator is off as well.

Any thoughts ... I really really need this frequency on these scanners considering I am a PIO for an agency that is on this frequency.

I am in Grays Harbor so its not like we have frequency shifting, or digital or anything like that.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
That shows to be a "Fire-Talk" TG in the database, do you have that Service Type enabled?

RBMTS

My HP1 is receiving that frequency just fine. I notice that 154.340 is classified as "Fire Talk" for the Grays Harbor area. Are you sure you have "Fire Talk" service turned on in your selections? Have you tried to lock the HP1 onto that frequency only (not scan) and see if it receives?

RBMTS

As per your other post in the Uniden forum, make sure that you have "Fire Talk" service turned on. Alternately try locking onto only that frequency (don't scan) and see if you can hear anything. My HP1 works just fine on 154.340.

JamesO

Service Type and Distance may be the limiting factor here.

I think if you use the Direct Frequency Entry mode, forgot where in the menu/screen this is, you do not need to worry about a Service Type or Distance?

Might try this for a test.

Livewire3286

Thanks, yes trying that out now. Odd that RR has a dispatch main channel set as Fire Talk though. I thought I had that enabled and all service related ones. It looks like I did, but I went in and changed my programing to show it as dispatch as it is

RBMTS

Brian
Is 154.340 indeed a dispatch channel? We have it being shown as a tactical talk channel. Please take a look at our DB site and see if what we have indicated is correct: Grays Harbor County, Washington (WA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference . If not, please PM me with the changes or submit them via the DB site. I'll get them corrected. Please make sure to be as complete as possible (i.e.: who is dispatched on what channels).

Thank you.

gwferrei

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem with 154.800 on my new bcd436hp. It works fine if I just put in several conventional Systems imported from RR. Once I also import a Project 25 System, it stops receiving 154.800 but receives the other Depts. in that system. I have another scanner monitoring 154.800 so I know when transmissions are occurring and the bcd436hp is on hold for 154.800. I have changed to different Service Types with no change. Also noticed that the RR imported database uses slightly different Service Types than is in the bcd436 (i.e Law-Talk vs Law Talk. Law Talk is in bcd436hp and Law-Talk is in the RR imported database. Manually changing this has had no effect, 154.800 still not received. Anyone have any ideas why when a Project 25 is added only this dept./channel does not get received?

Livewire3286

Thanks guys, I got the issue fixed - sorry it took me so long to reply. I do not come here that often for posts (off topic reason, forum moderators get it)

The issue was with the frequency being mislabled as a tac channel and I didnt enable tac channels for some reason.

marksmith

Just for your info, this is the #1 absolute most common reason why the radio doesnt seem to receive what people think it should - service type not active.

Also, I rather doubt that 154.340 is actually a dispatch frequency. Because of how that frequency is licensed around the country, it is usually a tactical channel with some other frequency slightly lower as the dispatch. This is because 154.340 also has a nationwide status as an interagency operations channel.

colbymitchell69

Feed Provider
I have the same problem with my Gre 600 my bcd536hp picks up the p-25 trunk group P-25 standard fine but my Gres 600 Stopped picking up the same p-25 group. RR has it listed as Motorola II/P-25 in the TransferThe Groups however are listed as P-25/P-25 the Groups i want to listen to. I do not have services to turn on or off for this scanner. This is a P-25 Phase 1 scanner. It use to receive same channels a whiles back? would like to hear them again Troop G In Missouri- Douglas Co,Ozark Co, Wright County Howell Co Groups. all in Missouri Southeast. any ideas on why? it shows T when in scan but i think the control channels are wrong. my bcd996P2 says finding control channels, and yes i have them all programmed in for all 9 counties. even the non control channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.