Not picking up State PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman5361

Premium Subscriber
I'm pulling my hair out here.

Running a RS PRO163 firmware is at 1.10 I am picking up everything else just fine.

Trying to listen to A PTL and not hearing anything. Tested with a radio and keyed up and nothing came over the scanner.

As far as I could tell the 163 was ok after the rebanding.

I am importing directly from RadioReference using the Boston tower and the A-PTL group.

Am I missing something or is the 163 no longer able to pick these channels up?

gordon115

For your location you should be listening to zone 5 Metro Boston simulcast on the analog system; as of now the active control channel on that zone is 854.5625 try listening to the control channel to see if you can hear the data.

A troop isn't on zone 1 which is the Boston system.

Gordon

Megaman5361

Premium Subscriber
Gordon
I popped that frequency in and sure enough I can hear A-PTL now.
I had loaded the Boston system. I guessed that was what I needed.

So I should load that whole group then?

Thank you!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Gordon
I popped that frequency in and sure enough I can hear A-PTL now.
I had loaded the Boston system. I guessed that was what I needed.

So I should load that whole group then?

Thank you!

Yes. Zone 5 carries MSP traffic, Zone 1 carries non MSP traffic except for a simulcast of F Patrol 1 (Troop F Logan). One Zone 5 you'll get all of Troops A, E, and H, as well as parts of Troops C and D. You'll also get all of the statewide TGs for MSP. The Environmental Police are also there as well as a lot of other non SP traffic.

Zone 1 is DCR, City of Boston, DOT, and other non MSP traffic.

The best information is here,

N1BHH

You should be able to load Zone 5 and 20 control channels all together, they carry the same traffic. Zone 1 covers basically the immediate City of Boston and vicinity. Most of the traffic on Zone 1 is Boston City Services, MCCA and DCR. Plus now MBTA Transit Police can be heard there, Channel 1 is cross patched, as well as Boston Fire is cross patched and they have several additional talk groups on 800.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I thought that Transit was on the MSP system, not Zone 1? The idea is to give them coverage outside of Boston. Inside Route 128 or so, they have coverage on the UHF side.

You should be able to load Zone 5 and 20 control channels all together, they carry the same traffic. Zone 1 covers basically the immediate City of Boston and vicinity. Most of the traffic on Zone 1 is Boston City Services, MCCA and DCR. Plus now MBTA Transit Police can be heard there, Channel 1 is cross patched, as well as Boston Fire is cross patched and they have several additional talk groups on 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.