• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Not really sure if this is an issue on my radio or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

overtheair

P7100ip
J2R11C02
F8R06S03
programmer r20c

Has been programmed not to affiliate, disabled transmit on all groups. PTT also has been disabled.

System in question
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8285

Ok on the durham pd's side there are 2 dispatch talkgroups and 5 district talkgroups for car2car or incidents for the specific district when there is just a police presence and not communicating to ems/fire. There are plenty of others but this is related to what I saw my radio do on a district talkgroup.

So the other day while monitoring a group police 2, and also scanning 3 other groups my radio switched to another group, police 4. Now this happened when one specific conversation between 2 of the users, both of which were on p2. When one person key'd up I received on p2, but when the other key'd up my unit switched to p4. But, they both heard each other.

There are only 3 groups scanned in this zone which are all dispatch channels. I have pulled the codeplug out of the radio to verify this, verified group ID's are correct and made sure there are no options enabled for affiliation/registration. I did not copy the subscriber ID down that cause the radio to switch, but it was not the same as the one I assigned to the radio

All I can think of is there is illegal radio affiliated byway of spoofing its id and was on p4, or there could be a problem with either my radio or the system(unlikely but possible).

I monitored the same channel part of the day on saturday but did not happen.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is it possible one officer was on P2 and another on P4, both had scan enabled on their radios (just a guess) so when P2 talked, P4 heard it because he was scanning. When P4 talked P2 heard it because he was scanning.
OR the dispatch console had them patched.
Just my two guesses.

overtheair

Even when I had a subscriber radio on this system(county sheriff's office) I never heard of the need to patch two district groups, dispatch channel(s) and a district group did happen and has happened recently before. But being on the same system, they could all just switch to the same district group, instead of tying up 2 groups unnecessarily.

But that still does not explain why my radio would have switched to that channel. I thought I was seeing things at first.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Even when I had a subscriber radio on this system(county sheriff's office) I never heard of the need to patch two district groups, dispatch channel(s) and a district group did happen and has happened recently before. But being on the same system, they could all just switch to the same district group, instead of tying up 2 groups unnecessarily.

But that still does not explain why my radio would have switched to that channel. I thought I was seeing things at first.
Former DSO? Feel free to contact me directly via email addy below as I probably have more info on this situation than anyone else. Let's just say I am sure we have local friends in common.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Marshall KE4ZNR
KE4ZNR@Radioreference.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

overtheair

Well figured out the issue. I had apparently had added that channel to my scan list through the add/del function in the options menu of the radio at some point and never removed it. It was just happenstance there was users on both channels and their conversations just happen to correlate

Status
Not open for further replies.