Not receiving some channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

domando1069

Premium Subscriber
Hi To All
I have a BCD996T scanner, that I have had for about a year. I got the frequencies from here and programmed my scanner. All has working well, until about a few months ago, the problem is that I no longer get the OPP. Did they change their frequencies for Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 3 ? Do I have to download new frequencies, or is it a problem with my scanner. I have reloaded the frequencies I had before into the scanner.
Thanks to all

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't picking up anything from Bell Fleetnet this morning on my 396XT. Tried two towers (39King and 40Mowat) but got nothing, digital or analog. Thought there might be something wrong with my scanner, so I tried a conventional system, a different trunked system, and a different digital system...all of which worked. Checked my scanner to make sure none of the Fleetnet sites, groups, or talkgroups had been accidentally locked out (they hadn't) and power cycled it several times. Still nothing on Fleetnet. Very weird.

Thefish561

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.459 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I am having the same issue with a type 2 system. They rebanded and I changed the control channels and now I don't hear anything. When I go into a conventional mode I hear the cc garble but when in scan it won't decode or even hear the cc. I wonder if there is an update or something

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Did you reprogram the system as a rebanded one (800 Custom with the correct custom band plan)?

Thefish561

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.459 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I use free scan and all I did was program the new control channels and delete the old. I am clueless as to the band plan thing? Please help

Thefish561

Thanks for the help, so any new system that is rebanded can no longer be programmed in a normal type 2 mode. They have to be in the custom mode? That just don't make sense but that's why you guys are the experts. Thanks for the help as always

N8IAA

Thanks for the help, so any new system that is rebanded can no longer be programmed in a normal type 2 mode. They have to be in the custom mode? That just don't make sense but that's why you guys are the experts. Thanks for the help as always

What system?:confused:
Larry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
After rebanding it no longer uses the 800 MHz Standard band plan. So, you must program the correct rebanding band plan for the scanner to be able to track (so far, two different rebanding band plans have been identified, but the vast majority all use the one on the page I directed you to).

Thefish561

Thanks for the info, it was a great help. Are you any good with unitrunker and the xt?

Thefish561

My main issue is getting the signal out of the scanner to the computer not unitrunker itself

cpuerror

Fleetnet is a VHF system, and to my knowledge it has not been rebanded. Zone 2 is working here, so you might want to ask at the Canada forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.