Not receiving trunked channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsongs

Good day everyone. I just purchased my BCD325P2 and have been testing and programming for the last couple of days. Just for reference I live in the San Bernardino, CA area and have extensive past experience with scanners. I decided it was time to upgrade from my RS Pro97 and I thought that the BCD325P2 would be a step up from what I have. I have both FREESCAN and ArcXT for programming purposes.

First, I have no problems receiving conventional channels. I can get the local fire on conventional as well as CHP and various other conv. freq.

When I program in the trunked systems, which are Motorola SmartNet type sites, the scanner does not receive the transmissions.

When I hold the system and toggle through the frequencies I can hear all of the control channels loud and clear but when I scan I get nada.

Just for reference I usually listen to Systems 6/7, 8, 9, and 10 in the San Bernardino County system.

Any suggestions before I return the scanner?

Airdorn

Did you program the system as a Motorola trunked system and use the 'control channel only' option?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jjsongs

Yes. Control Channel only and Yes to the trunk setting

Attachments

• 2017-08-03.jpg
    2017-08-03.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 491

Airdorn

Yes. Control Channel only and Yes to the trunk setting
Ok.

Scan the system, then press HOLD.

Use the knob to scroll to thr actual control channel freqency. Does the scanner immediately recognize the CC ans show the system ID?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Does the radio have the latest firmware in it? Uniden broke Control Channel Only scanning with it. You can back up one version using the BC_VUP3 firmware installer and it should work fine (if that is the problem)

chris

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That check box will only affect the programming of older scanners that had that option. All current models scan by control channel only. There is no option to turn it on/off. (And, if that function was broken no one would be able to scan any Motorola or P25 systems at all.)

Actually, even old models scanned by control channel only. All that option did was turn on frequency validation (if the control channel only was off, the scanner would validate that the voice channel was programmed into the scanner).

jjsongs

Does the radio have the latest firmware in it? Uniden broke Control Channel Only scanning with it. You can back up one version using the BC_VUP3 firmware installer and it should work fine (if that is the problem)

chris

I have the very latest version. So should I go back one version of the firmware?

JJ

jjsongs

Just an observation, your attached image does not show Control Channel Only box as checked.

I may have sent the wrong picture. I have tried it both ways. It is back to control channel only and still no luck. Also when I hold in the system and manually turn the frequencies it finds the control channel with great reception.

JJ

jjsongs

Ok.

Scan the system, then press HOLD.

Use the knob to scroll to thr actual control channel freqency. Does the scanner immediately recognize the CC ans show the system ID?

Yes it does.

JJ

jjsongs

That check box will only affect the programming of older scanners that had that option. All current models scan by control channel only. There is no option to turn it on/off. (And, if that function was broken no one would be able to scan any Motorola or P25 systems at all.)

Actually, even old models scanned by control channel only. All that option did was turn on frequency validation (if the control channel only was off, the scanner would validate that the voice channel was programmed into the scanner).

Then I am at a loss for what to try next. I have tried three different software programs, as well as manually typing in the freqs. and the main dispatch TGID. Still no luck. Any other suggestions?

JJ

cg

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I was referring to the latest firmware causing the CC Only during a custom search to not work on Motorola systems. Thought perhaps it caused something you had programmed to not work. I backed up one version and it works again. Perhaps it was intentional if it isn't broken. It was reported in the New Firmware thread with no acknowledgement from UPMan.

(And, if that function was broken no one would be able to scan any Motorola or P25 systems at all.) .

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.