BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Not Receiving Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

I have had my Uniden BCD996XT scanner for several months now. I got it because the audio sounded better then my RS scanners on my feed. I programmed it up and it sounded better on my feed than my RS scanner but did not pick up as well. Well, I just scan a single site system that I have been scanning the whole time without any problems. Just about a week ago, it completely stopped trunking or something. I factory reset the scanner and reprogrammed it with no luck. The scanner when scanning goes to the trunked channel that is active, sits there on the channel while flashing the CC and the voice channel back and forth but there is no voice. The scanner picks up VHF conventional channels just fine just not P25 trunking. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know, because I would like to get my feed back uo. Thanks

drayd48

Any chance they may have changed control channel frequencies?

Is this a simulcast system?

Sorry for the late reply. No. The CC has not changed. I have tested it on my other scanners and radio that I have. It is a one site system (well, there is really 2 sites, but I am only scanning one) and each site has different CC and VC's. It has just stopped trunking.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would help greatly if you would tell us what trunk system you're trying to broadcast and hear...Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Next thing I'd suspect is that something has been inadvertently turned off/locked out/ etc. For example, touching the wrong number on a keypad could lock out a site.

I'd try reloading the programming files.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
make sure you are only receiving one control channel. If there is signal strength on more than one channel lock them out one at a time until it starts to receive.

drayd48

Next thing I'd suspect is that something has been inadvertently turned off/locked out/ etc. For example, touching the wrong number on a keypad could lock out a site.

I'd try reloading the programming files.

I did a factory reset on the scanner and reloaded the program files, then that did not work so I factory reset it again and programmed by hand and it did not work.

drayd48

make sure you are only receiving one control channel. If there is signal strength on more than one channel lock them out one at a time until it starts to receive.

I am only receiving one control channel. I only have the one in all my scanners because the other site is across the county for me and I don't pick it up good.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The symptom you describe in the first post is what will happen if there is no signal on the voice channel when the scanner follows the channel grant. On Motorola systems, this commonly happens when the wrong band plan is entered. However, on most P25 systems, the band plan is sent out over the control channel, so this should not be the issue.

If you manually park on one of the voice channels (i.e. program it conventionally) do you receive the voice traffic?

drayd48

The symptom you describe in the first post is what will happen if there is no signal on the voice channel when the scanner follows the channel grant. On Motorola systems, this commonly happens when the wrong band plan is entered. However, on most P25 systems, the band plan is sent out over the control channel, so this should not be the issue.

If you manually park on one of the voice channels (i.e. program it conventionally) do you receive the voice traffic?

Well, you were right. This is a real funny system, and I forgot, it took a while to get set up on my RS scanners. I had to put the system in my RS scanner as a P25 manual instead of auto. This TRS does not run any trunking tables. I went in a zeroed out all the band plans and it works great now. Thanks for all the help. I do also believe the Statesville runs an EF Johnson P25 system (saw it somewhere) and they operate differently than Motorola systems. Thanks

drayd48

Ok. My scanner is doing it again (except I knew how to fix it this time). The scanner automatically keeps changing its band plans to some 336 MHz channel and the scanner does not receive anything. Is there a way for the band plans to not automatically change. the system I am currently has NO band plans and works fine when everything is 0ed (zeroed) out and I have no band plan in. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.