WS1065: Not receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartlombard

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon. We have two WS1065 scanners that we have conventional & trunking data in. They have been working great but both stopped receiving trunked data a couple of weeks ago. I don't know much about programming and am having trouble figuring out what the issue is and if it is something I can attempt to fix. What can cause this? Can interference be the cause? Thanks in advance.

ScannerSK

The most likely culprit is either interference or a change in the trunking system itself such as a new control channel frequency or another change in the system such as from a phase I to a phase II system, etc.

To rule out interference, try using a rubber duck antenna on the unit or no antenna at all. If it begins to work then it is likely interference. I would also take one unit for a drive to see if it begins to work when removed from the non-working environment.

Where are you located and what trunked system are you monitoring?

Shawn

stuartlombard

Premium Subscriber
I'm in southwest Missouri, Barry County. I'm monitoring the statewide MOSWIN system, with the Barry County talkgroups.

ScannerSK

I'm in southwest Missouri, Barry County. I'm monitoring the statewide MOSWIN system, with the Barry County talkgroups.

Missouri Statewide Wireless Interoperable Network (MOSWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

That system is Phase II capable. Possibly they recently switched over to Phase II which the WS1065 is not capable of receiving.

Is your scanner receiving the control channel(s)? Press "PROG" and then arrow to a talkgroup in the MOSWIN system. Next, press "MAN" and then F2 and then F3. You can go up and down through the control channels to see if anything is being received. The control channel audio should be heard within five or ten seconds if anything is being received on that frequency.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.