Not Recording WAV files in Trunking Discovery Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I've noticed that when I have Trunking Discovery Mode setup on the local P25 system, and I compare it to the database, I see hits, but no audio is recorded.

When I set the radio not to compare to the database, it is a crap shoot. Sometimes I will see a hit, with the UID/TGID and a WAV file, and sometimes I get a log that shows the audio was 0 sec long with no WAV file.

I know the radio is receiving the audio, I'm listening to it and watching the screen. But somewhere, somehow, the audio is not being archived to the SD Card.

My BCD436HP only had this issue when comparing to the DB was turned on.

Any thoughts on how to get the scanner to record every transmission while in trunking discovery mode? I believe this is a bug because I can setup the system and transmitter site multiple times with the same results.

Here is the system I am 'discovering' Nassau County Public Safety P25 Trunking System, Nassau County, New York - Scanner Frequencies I know there are encrypted talk groups on there. I'm not interested in those. I'm trying to log only the Unencrypted groups. Like I said, I can hear them coming over the speaker, and see the activity on the display. There just isn't any wav files to refer back to.

Thanks

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
The "Record Duration" setting should be set to something other than "None"
If it is set to "None", you just get hits with no recordings.

I hope this helps.

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.