BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Not Seeing Talkgroups on BCD996P2

w0jrm

Hi All - first post here, didn't see a topic already, apologies if this is a dupe. I have a BCD996P2 that I am programming via ProScan. I have a Radio Reference membership and pulled systems over directly into my scanner as they showed up in search. For some reason I can't get anything in the groups below show up when I scan. They're trunked P25 groups. All of the non-trunked stuff shows up on the display and picks up just fine. Am I doing something wrong or do I just not understand how trunked scanning works?

1682348235041.png

For reference, here's everything that's programmed in. Other than Alliant, everything else scrolls through on the display.

1682348594642.png

Thanks!

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Bob, does ProScan pull everything from the RR database, including range/lat/long?
I think it does...?

I ask because this sounds like a possible location control issue?

w0jrm

Bob, does ProScan pull everything from the RR database, including range/lat/long?
I think it does...?

I ask because this sounds like a possible location control issue?
It does.... but I don't recall having programmed *my* location into the radio. Is that something I need to do?

1682351858743.png

w0jrm

Ok, so if I press the function button and scroll through available systems to scan, none of the ones under IA Ops (1) or IA Ops (2) show up. Is that normal for trunked systems?

w0jrm

Ok - so I've assigned GQKs (I think) and uploaded the changes. When I hold the function button to scan through systems, the only one I see in the expanded groups is Centerville:

1682362087994.png

w0jrm

You need to have both sites (frequencies) and groups (talk group ids) programmed. Without frequencies, there is nothing to scan…..
Well, that's what I thought, but when I pull it over it just does the ID's. This is my first venture into TGID scanning so I didn't know if there was something different there. I'll try programming it by hand and see if that works.

w0jrm

Well, that's what I thought, but when I pull it over it just does the ID's. This is my first venture into TGID scanning so I didn't know if there was something different there. I'll try programming it by hand and see if that works.
So based off this and this I programmed the following. Is this the proper way to input the data?

341530328_626904615527731_7232101827839943145_n.png

1682370168038.png

tvengr

Well Known Member
Each TGID group needs a GQK (group quick key) assigned - that allows you "turn on" that group within the system so you can hear it.
That is incorrect! Any group without a quick key will scan anytime the system is enabled. The quick keys allow you to turn groups on and off. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 16

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you provide the 'IA Ops (2)' RadioReference Database link. The sites should import if they were not unchecked.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you provide the 'IA Ops (2)' RadioReference Database link. The sites should import if they were not unchecked.
Cancel that. I got the system

All 85 or so sites imported. You may have clicked the 'Uncheck All Sites' button which is okay but then check at least one site to import.

{edit} To fix the problem with the site/s not in the ProScan DB
1. Go back into the Import RadioReference then login and drill down and select the same system
2. Click the Get Data button
3. When the tree finishes loading then uncheck everything then check only the missing sites
4. Click the Import button
5. Drag & Drop the sites in the newly imported system to the original system that were missing the sites
6. Delete the new system as that was temporary to get the sites

Last edited: