not sure how to use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x_ray_81

hello....in the globe settings,i'am not sure how to use TGRP IGNORE..any advise would help,maybe other people are confused also.this radio is not like the old pro-95--97.for programing....regards dave.

DonS

That setting controls how the scanner treats TGRP objects that you have programmed, but which are in "disabled" scan lists. It only affects behavior when you have a "wildcard" TGRP enabled.

While scanning, if you have a wildcard TGRP enabled, the wildcard won't generate "hits" for talkgroup IDs that you have programmed and locked-out. The "TGRP Ignore" setting extends this behavior to TGIDs that you have programmed, not necessarily locked out, but which are in scan lists that are not currently enabled.

Effectively, it tells the scanner: "treat any TGRP object that is in a disabled scan list as 'locked out'".

Curfew

Doe's this slow down the ability of the scanner to locate new talkgroups while scanning multiple trunked systems? Im already dealing with about 800 TG's in memory which are stored and a lot of them locked out in about 7 scan lists.

I don't understand the semantics mentioned here in how this TGRP ignore function works. It would help if it was explained as basic as possible so one can understand how it works. It may already have been done, but i need this to be broken down further by someone. I would greatly appreciate it. I do know i don't want to have delay's in finding new TG's because i have a setting wrong..... Thanks.

Curfew

Lets see if i have this right, while scanning multiple trunked systems in 7 scan lists if i set the TGRP ignore in Global to "yes" it will ignore everything stored in the scan lists whether they are locked out or not and only show new TG's as they appear.

If the TGRP ignore is set to no, i can still see new TG's as they appear, but as the unit is scanning it will also check the TG's i have not locked out??

My concern here is if i understand this right, and, which way for those who are more technically saavy with this thing- which setting yes or no enables the unit to operate the fastest at doing it's checking and finding new TG's as they happen while going through all of what is programmed? Thanks....

Last edited:

mikey60

Lets see if i have this right, while scanning multiple trunked systems in 7 scan lists if i set the TGRP ignore in Global to "yes" it will ignore everything stored in the scan lists whether they are locked out or not and only show new TG's as they appear.

No, that is not correct.

With the Ignore option set to "Yes" and a wildcard TGRP object programmed into an enabled scanlist, you will receive all TGRP objects that are members of an enabled scanlist, plus any unprogrammed talkgroups that the radio may find. Any programmed TGRP objects that are not in an enabled scanlist will be ignored by the scanner as if they had been locked out.

If you set the Ignore option to "No" and a wildcard TGRP object is programmed into an enabled scanlist, you will receive all programmed TGRP objects that are members of an enabled scanlist as you normally would. The wildcard will then "hit" on any talkgroups that are not programmed into the radio and any talkgroups that are programmed, but not a member of an enabled scanlist. If you try to store a talkgroup that is already programmed into the scanner, you'll get a warning message about a duplicate object.

Mike

Curfew

Mike, thanks for the response on this. Do you know which setting either "No" or "Yes" allows the unit to operate at it's most efficient tracking and checking speeds as it's moving through everything? Im thinking this depends really on how much is programmed into the radio? Thanks.

mikey60

Mike, thanks for the response on this. Do you know which setting either "No" or "Yes" allows the unit to operate at it's most efficient tracking and checking speeds as it's moving through everything? Im thinking this depends really on how much is programmed into the radio? Thanks.

There reallys isn't a speed difference between them. The radio still spends the same amount of time on the control channel if there are no active talkgroups. The number of TGRP objects really makes very little difference. The biggest factor of how long it takes to make one cycle through the list is the number of Active conventional, Search, Sweeper/stalker, and TSYS objects. TSYS objects only become active if there is at least one talkgroup programmed into an enabled scanlist.

The biggest difference you'll see is the number of false Wildcard hits you get when the option is set to No. ( I define a false wildcard hit as a wildcard hit on a talkgroup object that is already stored in the radio). You'll see a lot of false wildcard hits if you stand in manual mode on the wildcard object as well.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.