SDS100/SDS200: Not sure if its me or my SDS-100

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
UPDATE - I've been away for work so I haven't been able to update this post until now.

I purchased a new SDS-100. The new scanner is getting weather and is receiving signal from other communities when I travel.

My original SDS-100 is also receiving weather when I use the OEM antenna that came with the new scanner.

I am still not able to get my local Sheriff's Office dispatch on either radio.

In our small community, the Sheriff's Office handles dispatch for our city, fire, and EMS in addition to the deputies. The Sheriff's office is located about a mile and a half from me.

I use to be able to receive all of their traffic with no issue.

Is it possible the Sheriff's office has upgraded their communication system or made some other changes that aren't reflected in the current database? I'm really not sure what to do next and am open to suggestions.
Try 154.7225 NAC 7C1 for the SO.

wjdevans

Premium Subscriber
Try 154.7225 NAC 7C1 for the SO.
I've had 154.7225 tuned in for a couple of hours now and haven't received anything.

I've pulled the county's information on FCC website. I'm not seeing anything different.

For clarification, I am using two separate scanners. One SDS-100 was purchased in 2018. It use to receive the county signals with no issue. I sent it to Uniden last month for repair because I thought I had the cold-solder issue since I wasn't receiving anything anymore. Uniden replaced the logic board.

The second SDS-100 was purchased brand new a few days ago.

I am certain I have something screwed up in my settings. I don't understand Modulation, Attenuation, NAC, or a whole lot of other stuff. I'm reading through this forum and trying to learn.

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in with advice and opinions. It's greatly appreciated.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I've had 154.7225 tuned in for a couple of hours now and haven't received anything.

I've pulled the county's information on FCC website. I'm not seeing anything different.

For clarification, I am using two separate scanners. One SDS-100 was purchased in 2018. It use to receive the county signals with no issue. I sent it to Uniden last month for repair because I thought I had the cold-solder issue since I wasn't receiving anything anymore. Uniden replaced the logic board.

The second SDS-100 was purchased brand new a few days ago.

I am certain I have something screwed up in my settings. I don't understand Modulation, Attenuation, NAC, or a whole lot of other stuff. I'm reading through this forum and trying to learn.

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in with advice and opinions. It's greatly appreciated.
Did you enter a NAC?

Ubbe

When trying to fault find or using an unknown frequency, just enter the frequency and set everything to All and Search and don't enter any restrictions like NAC or subtones and also set a longer 5sec delay. If you receive something then you'll know that it is within range and can start to add NAC and other things, if you need to, to see if it still works.

/Ubbe