Not sure if this is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrenchFeeder

Hello, I noticed a change that has not been reflected in the radio data base for Illinois in Cook County, I am not sure this is the proper way to bring it to light, but i could not find any kind of other place to post.

The Village of Worth, listed as their own freq. at 476.38750, does not use that freq.. As far as I can tell nobody within my range does, I have heard no communication on it in two months.

However I did notice that the village of Worth Police dispatch now goes through the Palos system. Worth units are the 1600's on freq 470.86250 at CT 114.8. Worth is a small town and therefore they have very light radio traffic, so picking them out among the din of the 3 other departments on that freq. may be a challenge

Also I had noticed what seems to be an audio simulcast of CBS2 chicago, the TV station, I was listening to Letterman the other night, anyone know whats up with that? Is it an official broadcast? It's hard to receive where I am at but when I'm traveling north and east it comes in nice. Freq. 450.48750

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
450.4875 WBBM-TV IFB Channel

(snip)

Also I had noticed what seems to be an audio simulcast of CBS2 chicago, the TV station, I was listening to Letterman the other night, anyone know whats up with that? Is it an official broadcast? It's hard to receive where I am at but when I'm traveling north and east it comes in nice. Freq. 450.48750

Yes, this is WBBM-TV's IFB channel - it is used to feed live audio and instructions/questions to on-air reporters in the field. Personnel at some stations forget to turn the IFB transmitter off after newscasts.

KSJ745

Status
Not open for further replies.