BCD396T/BC996T: Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what scanner to buy. I really want the 436, however I am not sure if it is worth the money. My county is P25 Phase 1 and I am hearing that there are no plans to change it anytime soon. I am a Dispatcher for a PD close to home and I want to be able to listen from my house. I tried the SDR option and I can get it to decode, but the voice is just too low. I am not going to by another dongle if I cant get the voice loud enough. Any suggestions on the different unidens that will do P25?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Having just recently purchased both the 436 and the 536, I can tell you, at least in IMHO, that both radios are definitely worth it. And this is from someone who has no use for Phase 2 (at least not yet).

However, if you don't want to drop that kind of dough for a scanner, Uniden's BCD396XT and BCD996XT scanners are still an excellent choice. I own one of each of those as well, and their performance is outstanding on all of the P25 systems in my area. And if you don't mind buying used, good deals can always be found in the classified section here on the RR, or on eBay or even Craigslist. Bought my 396 and 996 off of eBay and have had no problems with them whatsoever.

Hope that helps you out some. Good luck with whatever scanner you decide to eventually purchase.

:)

theturk182

Premium Subscriber
I found a 396T on ebay and bought it last night. I did not realize that there was a T and an XT. I guess as long as I can listen to the freq I want it really does not matter. Plus since it was ebay I got a two year warranty with it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.