Not very happy with solid signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahurtz

Not sure if this is the right place, but move if need be.

Ordered a BCT15X from them. In Stock status shows as "usually ships same day".

I called to verify stock, was told they had some in.

Went ahead and placed the order. Paid extra for faster shipping in order to get it by new years eve to listen to all the police talk that usually occurs.

Called to ask when it would ship, "usually ships same day" turned into 2-3 days. I told them I needed it by new years eve.

Then I get an email a few hours later saying they got an email from a "stocking manager" and come to find out they had ZERO in stock.

They said they will begin shipping again late January /Early February.

Now I have to wait for my card to be refunded and order another one from another place. This took all my "play money", so now I will be without a scanner new years eve.

To make matters even worse, it still shows in stock.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Sorry to hear that. I have an Ebayer I've purchased several scanners from and receive them in a couple days with free shipping. Well, there are always the "Live Feeds". My Columbus feed is always hoppin' on New Years Eve.

Megahurtz

Oddly enough I noticed a lot of places were out of the scanner I wanted, is around new years the "black friday" of police scanner sales?

oracavon

I don't know what's up with Solid Signal lately. They used to be reliable. I ordered an antenna from them last week and paid extra for 2-day shipping. According to FedEx, they shipped it via ground instead of 2-day. When I emailed Solid Signal about it, they blamed FedEx's recent delivery problems (the same Christmas backlog experienced by UPS and other shippers this year), which is stupid. The backlog has nothing to do with the fact that they shipped it ground instead of 2-day. I'm sure that they'll refund the extra shipping charge, but they could at least accept responsibility for not shipping it 2-day in the first place.

scantime

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I hate it when that happens.

It's not the same but in a pinch you could always listen to the Live Feeds for your area on Broadcastify.com (if they exist).

Last edited:

SolidSignal

Sorry for all the issues

Hi all,

I'm the Social Media Director for Solid Signal and I wanted to formally apologize for the problems you've been having. We never want to disappoint you.

I'd like to make sure that anyone who has had problems is taken care of, so please send me a private message and I'll put you in contact with our General Manager who has a proven track record of taking care of problems like these. I can also find out who you talked to before and make sure that we get to the bottom of why you were told what you were told.

Once again, we're really committed to making things right and want the chance to do so.

oracavon

Just an update - they're even worse than I thought. I contacted customer service, and they continue to blame FedEx, saying that my order "clearly noted as 2 day, but when it scanned through their system it changed to Ground Home Delivery".

Apparently they're claiming that somehow FedEx changed the shipping by scanning it incorrectly. This makes no sense. When I received it, the shipping label that Solid Signal generated was a Ground label, not a 2-day label. FedEx scanned it correctly and shipped it correctly, based on the label that Solid Signal attached to the package. Unless Solid Signal is claiming that FedEx somehow replaced or modified the original shipping label.

On top of that, the item they sent me isn't the item I ordered. I suppose that now they're going to claim that FedEx also changed the contents of the box from one type of antenna to another, in addition to changing the shipping label.

To SolidSignal (the poster above): I'm sending you a PM as you requested. I am looking forward to hearing from someone at your company who will actually acknowledge and take responsibility for the errors and resolve this ASAP.

Edit: Oh, this gets even better. The poster named "SolidSignal" doesn't accept PM's. I tried to send him one, and got the following message:

SolidSignal has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

So much for his offer to help resolve issues. Unless he's reading this and is willing to provide another method of contact.

Last edited:

SolidSignal

Just FYI, this forum is preventing me from seeing my mailbox until I have a few more posts, I've contacted the admins and asked them to escalate this request.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Edit: Oh, this gets even better. The poster named "SolidSignal" doesn't accept PM's. I tried to send him one, and got the following message:

SolidSignal has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

So much for his offer to help resolve issues. Unless he's reading this and is willing to provide another method of contact.

This is true for ALL new members, once they post 3-4 times they will be able to send/receive PM's.

I have no association with them, but they are trying to assist you so please play nice.

Fast1eddie

Sorry to hear of your troubles, old son. One of the beautiful things a free market economy offers is the choice to take your biz elsewhere. Although I would give them a opportunity to make it right, I would certainly go elsewhere if the vendor fails to meet your expectations.

I prefer Universal, to me they are they only game around since Grove retired.

Good luck to you!

oracavon

Sorry to hear of your troubles, old son. One of the beautiful things a free market economy offers is the choice to take your biz elsewhere. Although I would give them a opportunity to make it right, I would certainly go elsewhere if the vendor fails to meet your expectations.

I prefer Universal, to me they are they only game around since Grove retired.

Good luck to you!

I have always received good service from Solid Signal in the past, but now they seem to have changed for some reason, based the OP's experience as well as my own. I'm hoping that they will use this opportunity to resolve their internal problems and go back to being a reliable vendor. I have referred others to them in the past, but I honestly couldn't do that again until they get their act together by taking responsibility for their own errors and resolving them more quickly. How well Solid Signal resolves my current issue with them will likely determine whether I use them again in the future.

I was a Grove customer for many years (going back to the 1980's), and they were always good. I was sorry to see them go.

I've also had good service from Scanner Master. Their prices are on the high side, but I've never had a problem with them, and they have a good return policy. I've only needed to use it once, but it was a convenient, no-hassle experience.

I've never tried Universal, but they will definitely be on my list of places to check out the next time I need something. Thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.