Not working again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubir

I bought my BCD436HP a year ago, after 5 months it stop working and i ship it to US for repair. The notes was that they replace transistor Q2 and Q3. Now It happen again. I am a month after the warranty time.
I don't live in USA.

Anyone can advise me what to do?
Thanks!!

gary123

I have found that they are not black and white on warranty dates a few weeks has never been an issue in my dealings with them. My suggestion is try emailing them and see if they can issue a return authorization number to speed up the process. If you still have the original repair info make a copy of it and send it with the unit. I would not expect a problem doing it this way.

dubir

I have found that they are not black and white on warranty dates a few weeks has never been an issue in my dealings with them. My suggestion is try emailing them and see if they can issue a return authorization number to speed up the process. If you still have the original repair info make a copy of it and send it with the unit. I would not expect a problem doing it this way.

Thank you
I will try it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubir

Well it is black and white...

Here is uniden replay:

"......Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

Unfortunately, that would have to be sent in for repair and since you are no longer covered under warranty the repair cost for the BCD396XT would be $79.95 +$10 for U.S. or +$15 for Canadian shipping and handling.

Thank you for contacting Uniden!
Mariah
Uniden Tech Support...."

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I bought my BCD436HP a year ago, after 5 months it stop working and i ship it to US for repair. The notes was that they replace transistor Q2 and Q3. Now It happen again. I am a month after the warranty time.
I don't live in USA.

Anyone can advise me what to do?
Thanks!!

Here is uniden replay:

Unfortunately, that would have to be sent in for repair and since you are no longer covered under warranty the repair cost for the BCD396XT would be $79.95 +$10 for U.S. or +$15 for Canadian shipping and handling.

Mariah
Uniden Tech Support...."

Hmmm...more to the story than we are being told?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am less than a month after the warranty time

yes but for which radio? You first said you had a 436HP then the email above references a 396XT. 2 entirely different radios.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Note that Q2/Q3 on the BCD436HP are two components that are going to blow if the scanner is subjected to too much RF (i.e. keying up a transceiver in close proximity).

dubir

Note that Q2/Q3 on the BCD436HP are two components that are going to blow if the scanner is subjected to too much RF (i.e. keying up a transceiver in close proximity).

Thank you for your replay.

Can you please comment to the less than a month warranty issue?
I am using uniden scanners for years and I will be happy for much more understanding.
Thanks

royldean

*gulp*

I'm guilty of keying up an HT ham radio within a few feet of my 436... any cut-off to how much wattage is safe within the same room? The most I ever put out was maybe 5 watts.

JoeyC

How about starting with answering the question that UPMAN didn't ask, but hinted to.

Are you using this scanner within close range of a transceiver?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

Here is uniden replay:

Mariah
Uniden Tech Support...."

Once again I point out the obvious in the OPs second post.
Are we dealing with a 436 or a 396XT?

dubir

yes but for which radio? You first said you had a 436HP then the email above references a 396XT. 2 entirely different radios.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi
My radio is BCD436HP
In Uniden support site you should choose the model but somehow there is no bcd436hp so I chose similar.

So again my radio is BCD436HP

dubir

Dear sir
I am not so good in electronics. But I do like the BCD436HP .
I don't do any unusual things with my scanner

dubir

Dear sir
I am not so good in electronics. But I do like the BCD436HP .
I don't do any unusual things with my scanner .

dubir

How about starting with answering the question that UPMAN didn't ask, but hinted to.

Are you using this scanner within close range of a transceiver?

Yes sure, I don't do any unusual things with my scanner. My BCD436HP is in my study room and I have computers and monitors in the room.
I don't have transceivers.

dubir

Hi Sir
Please advise Is that acceptable to get electronic schema to do the repair in my country?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We are unable to provide schematics. They are held as proprietary intellectual property.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I'm guilty of keying up an HT ham radio within a few feet of my 436... any cut-off to how much wattage is safe within the same room? The most I ever put out was maybe 5 watts.

A 5-watt HT isn't going to hurt anything unless the antennas are directly connected (metal-to-metal contact). But you should avoid keying up a mobile radio when the scanner antenna is only a few feet from the mobile antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.