Notes on which agency dispatches which agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
A very common note on the DB is "city X also dispatches city Y". While I find this interesting, it does nothing to increase my scanning ability. Telling me which actual channel/TG that City Y is dispatched on is more informative for scanning. If contributors could add "city X also dispatches city Y on city X's channel" OR "City X also dispatches city Y on TG XXXX".

I am sure this has been addressed in previous threads but I could not figure out search parameters that would give me those threats.

kma371

QRT
I agree. My opinion is its only nesscessary to have a note when the agency you are trying to monitor has no frequencies/talkgroups and is dispatched by someone else, and not the other way around. Too much clutter.

AGENCY A (See AGENCY B)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The way we are supposed to list it is: Your County - Frequency {Sheriff -Dispatch (Also Nunya, Notya Police)}

And for the actual municipal listing would be {Nunya - Police dispatched by Your County Sheriff}

On an TRS, Talkgroup - Agency A - Dispatch (Also Agency B) And don't even need anything listed for Agency B as its already covered unless you want an note for the subcat.

This is about as good a you can get it, and it also makes sense on the new scanners that use the Description Field etc....

Last edited by a moderator:

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
The problem I have is when you list "Nunya - Police dispatched by Your County Sheriff" but then I also find one of more police channels under Nunya with no note as to channel use I cant tell if one of those is the dispatch channel that "Your Sheriff" uses. To me, "dispatched by" X does not mean "dispatched by X on X's channel". Having been in LE for my whole life, to me "dispatched by" means the dispatcher's employer and not the channel used. Even if the word "by" was changed to "on" might help.

Maybe I am nit-picking, but I travel a lot and do not have time to sit in a county and figure things out. RRDB is the first site I go to each day to keep up on my three state usuals but I also plan trips. But I have notice some counties on the DB that do good job making this distinction. LA county seems to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.