Notheast Tarrant Co. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchman

Northeast Tarrant Co. P25

I can confirm that 6355 is Grapevine PD 2. Also add 6398 as Southlake PW as I heard sanding ops.
Possible 6241 as Bedford PD 3.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
......Hope we can keep the 'NE Tarrant System' as separate db listing if possible...

Thx

Bill

Bill,

Got kind of busy and couldn't get back to this post. The database is set up using the System Identifier (SID) broadcast by the system as its key. Since NET is a sub-site of Fort Worth Regional all sites broadcast the same SID, so there's no way to provide just a DB entry for NET alone.

However, the work around, is to download Site 3 only and then only the NET Talk Group categories. Most software permit downloads in this fashion. That is actually how I have my scanner(s) set up. I don't have NET as a site in the FW system. I have system called Northeast Tarrant P25 with only Site 3 and then have only the NET talkgroups programmed. It's much easier that way. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Russell

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
NETCO

Russell

Thanks

We can do that as a manual db work-around and will just use ARC-Partol to make on my unit.

Also add the following in the NETCO NE Tarrant TG Please:

TG 5495 LAW IO (InterOp- Keller Police to Ft. Worth Police Interop Channel) - Might be used by other NETCO agencies - but only heard on Keller P25 and shows up on the P25 Radio in the NETCO Law InterOp Zone.

Bill

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Different Layers?

The system in the Austin, Texas area has several layers. When I clicked on each of the locations for the FW Regional, I saw a difference in coverage. I'm assuming one layer will be for Fort Worth, Texas & the other one the greater Tarrant county.

redhelmet13

The system in the Austin, Texas area has several layers. When I clicked on each of the locations for the FW Regional, I saw a difference in coverage. I'm assuming one layer will be for Fort Worth, Texas & the other one the greater Tarrant county.

It's kind of a mixed bag thing on layer 1, both pub safety and local govt...
layer 2 Has more local govt and FWFD traffic.

Johnson county is a sub system as well as NETCO. They are using their own sfreqs on the FTW master switch. This system is still unfolding so we shall see what the end result is sometime down the road.

nd5y

The old analog system 1 public safety had 6 simulcast transmit sites and system 2 public works had only one transmit site. I don't know if the P25 systems are the same way.

Eric61

Anyone else notice a decrease in signal strength on the digital system vs the analog system? I had no problems receiving the analog system, but get an average 50% decode on the digital for site 3. I already have good quality coax running to a discone in the attic- may have to try a yagi. I am very near the boundary between Keller and Colleyville, so I am not that far from the sites. I have no trouble receiving/decoding sites 1 and 2 on the FW P25 and occasionally get some traffic from site 4 (Johnson Co).

nd5y

I would like to point out something for the benefit of those who are less experienced.
Go to the database entry and click on List All in one table.
On this link I already did that: Fort Worth Regional Radio System Trunking System, Tarrant, Johnson Counties, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

That will sort the talkgroups in numerical order.
Now you should be able to see patterns where different cities and departments appear to be issued blocks of consecutive tallkgroups. You will see some that appear to be missing, for example:
6417 NET FD Alarm
6418 NET FD 2 Resp
6421 NET FD 5
6422 NET FD 6
But 6419 and 6420 are missing. Those are probably NET FD 3 and 4.
See how easy it can be to find new talkgroups?

patchman

Northeast Tarrant Co. P25

As I didn't see any posts here, I have some questions on the new fire TG's listed. Have they been confirmed?
The NET Fire 5,6, and 7 are not the for the combined Colleyville, Southlake and Keller dispatch(NETCO) but for all the NE Tarrant system( misl talk groups). The NET Fire callout is correct.
Also, has anyone heard any calls for Westlake fire?
Thanks.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
NETCOM P25 - Improving Signal & Voice Quality

Howdy

Several of us in Keller have also (as expected) seen some issues/apparent difficulties at times getting a good Audio / Signal Level on the P25 Radio System.

This was noted by several folks locally and as noted above...and a few times with NETCOM Radio users as well, having to ask to repeat as some garbled or clipped transmissions.

Some of this is likely the burn-in time and new system / voice of P25 as we know is different as much smaller bandwidth...And suspect users sometimes not holding the Mic / PTT issues perhaps...

Have heard it takes a couple weeks for users to get sorted and likely suspect a few System checks / minor tweaks as required...

All said , a few things I did to improve Signal and Voice Quality - still experimenting: (HP-1 Scanner)

- Locked into just the NETCOM channels only

- Reduced Squelch to "1" - just above full OPEN (just on the P25 only)

- Using a different Antenna - cut for 700/800 MHz vs a 'wide-band' / stock antenna & mounted higher inside rooms here in Keller

- Tried using a external speaker

- Also - played around with the 800 Band Plan "Band-Width" as P25 default is 6.25 Khz, so moved it up to higher levels and experimenting today - never know it might just help the scanner in some magical way...

Any other recommendations are appreciated as we all adjust...

Thx

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.