Notheast Tarrant Co. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchman

Techs are testing the P25 radios for the NETCO system. System sounds much cleaner than the analog system. Will work on talkgroups when system is live. Thanks.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
I got word today that Grapevine FD will be switching to this system on Wed. Feb 5th and the rest of Tarrant County might possibly be the same day or not far behind. We will see if this holds up but this system should be live soon...

Brandon

patchman

Northeast Tarrant Co. P25

All NETCO cities will be switching on Wed. Listening to the radio techs testing today and the system sounds good. Hopefully the switch goes smoothly.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
Yes got another notification today that Grapevine FD will be switching at 0600 in the morning. I'm guessing this will be the time for everyone. I have my HP-1 on discovery mode for the NE Tarrant site since I have no talk group information yet.

Brandon

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Roll-call captured during the switchover. P25 currently in use dispatching calls.

Last edited:

nd5y

What are the P25 control channels & alternate CCs?
Are they using any of the relatively newly licensed 700 MHz channels?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a good answer to your questions.

I cloned/copied the old NE Tarrant Co. system to a new system including all nine listed freqencies. Changed the System Type to APC025. None of the old ID's are good so I had to use ID Search.

I expect the CC and Alts are the same, but as I had all nine freqencies in the scanner can't say what was what. None of the voice exchanges seemed one sided as if a freqency was missing. Some units did not answer the roll-call and it was evident they had a radio issue.

Nothing heard on-air about testing 700 channels.

Mike

What are the P25 control channels & alternate CCs?
Are they using any of the relatively newly licensed 700 MHz channels?

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
ok now I am thoroughly confused...I was under the impression that the switchover was putting everyone on the Ft. Worth Regional P25 System using the NE Tarrant County Site....why or how are they using their old frequencies from the old system? I see a new database entry was made for a NE Tarrant P25 system using the old frequencies?

I found several talkgroups this morning by using my Home Patrol in Discovery Mode on the NE Tarrant Co. Site of the Ft. Worth Regional P25 system. Are some of the cities not using that system?

Brandon

nd5y

ok now I am thoroughly confused...I was under the impression that the switchover was putting everyone on the Ft. Worth Regional P25 System using the NE Tarrant County Site
That's why I was asking about the control channels.
mcscanner posted a screen shot of something that I couldn't read but I guess whatever program it is doesn't even show the SID, WACN, frequencies or control channels used.

I could figure it all out in about 30 seconds with Unitrunker if I was close enough.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
His picture looks like it shows the time period which they switched from the old analog system to the P25 however some of the IDs that he has in the picture that are P25 are coming off the old frequencies from the "old" NE Tarrant Co. Analog system.

I thought they were just moving to a NE Tarrant Co. Site that was part of the Ft. Worth Regional P25 system. I wasn't aware of them keeping a seperate NE Tarrant Co. P25 system. I've created a system using the old frequencies in my HP-1 and havent had one hit yet from any talkgroup. I will try to do some more research today if I have time.

Brandon

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Typically, they "split" the system. Grabbing one or two of the control channels and moving it to the new system and dropping it from the old system. I assume that's what's going on here. If we can identify the P25 control channel; then lock that out of your old system ... you may find both systems active during the cutover.

Remember, scanners lock onto the first control channel it finds. If they've split the system in this fashion you won't hear the "other" system.

patchman

The NETCO system is using the same 800 freqs and using the same control channels. It will be part of the regional P25 system but is not on the FW system. Working on figuring out the talk groups. The list that was shown had both the Digital and Analog talkgroups. Hope this helps.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
The NETCO system is using the same 800 freqs and using the same control channels. It will be part of the regional P25 system but is not on the FW system. Working on figuring out the talk groups. The list that was shown had both the Digital and Analog talkgroups. Hope this helps.

The frequencies displayed match the frequencies on Site 3 of the Fort Worth system. I understand what you're saying. It acts as a separate system and will not roam onto Fort Worth sites. If we could verify the system ID and site ID we could be sure.

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Program is ARC396 Pro on a 396T running the virtual control program. It goes no deeper than what you see. It was a sceen capture. Sorry it was not as readable for some as others.
Mike

That's why I was asking about the control channels.
mcscanner posted a screen shot of something that I couldn't read but I guess whatever program it is doesn't even show the SID, WACN, frequencies or control channels used.

I could figure it all out in about 30 seconds with Unitrunker if I was close enough.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Bedford PD 6234
Bedford PD 6236 Traffic?
Euless FD 6333
Euless FD 6334 FD 4?
Euless PD 6354 Patrol 1
Grapevine PD 6354
Grapevine FD 6365 FD1 (Dispatch)
Grapevine FD 6366 Fire 2?
Combined FD (CSK-ALARM) 6418

Last edited:

patchman

System info:
SID044Ah-0103

6414 NET-Patrol (combined dispatch Colleyville, Southlake, Keller)
6365 Grapevine FD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.