Nothing Enable Won't Go Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renda

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I would really appreciate some help with data transfer of my Pro-197 scanner. I have tried everthing but keep getting that error of nothing enable. I have read through the forums of old posts and even google search and the wiki article (tried the pressing one button) followed the instructions but still keep getting the error. I don't know what is going wrong.

Renda

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Usually that happens when you hit the scan button too many times. Try hitting any of the 1-0 buttons a couple times and see what happens.

Or Throw this in there and see if it works:

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Renda

Premium Subscriber
Hello Jhal, didn't work and I don't know how to use your zip file, no instructions???

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I would really appreciate some help with data transfer of my Pro-197 scanner. I have tried everthing but keep getting that error of nothing enable. I have read through the forums of old posts and even google search and the wiki article (tried the pressing one button) followed the instructions but still keep getting the error. I don't know what is going wrong.

Renda

From the WIKI:

"Nothing Enabled" error:
  • No scanlists are enabled. Turn on one or more scanlists.
  • Scanlists are enabled but empty. Create and/or associate objects with scanlists.
  • Scanlist is enabled but all objects in scanlist are locked out. Unlock some objects.
  • Note - For a TSYS it's possible to lock out a wildcard talkgroup AND the TSYS itself, which will cause "Nothing Enabled" until both are unlocked.

Renda

Premium Subscriber
Hello Fxdscon, well I don't know what I did but it is scanning now. Problem is that is all it is doing, just scanning, no sound no activity on the radio. All it says is Jefferson County Public Service (Alabama).

I'm about to throw this scanner in the trash, though I suspect the problem is the software (trial version of Arc300 and not the scanner itself. Grrrrr

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a programming error. Do you have win500? Sorry I assumed you were using software and a cable since you said "data transfer". If you do have win500 and a cable you can read your scanners programming and upload the file here and we can take a look at it.

Dumb question but are you using an antenna?

You can download Win500 here and try it for 30 days for free : http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win500/

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm about to throw this scanner in the trash, though I suspect the problem is the software (trial version of Arc300 and not the scanner itself. Grrrrr

If you are indeed using ARC300 software with your PRO197, that would definitely be the problem. ARC300 is not compatible with your scanner.

Renda

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Fxdscon. So I guess I need new software. I'll take a look at the Win500 link you posted.

Renda

Premium Subscriber
Hello Shadcall. Yes, I know Arc has the 500 but I was looking for a free version. The scanner CD offer a one week free trial but It only had the ARC 300 as an option for that, oh well.

Do anyone know of the Freeware offers that is mentioned on Radio Reference? Do they offer transfer of the trucking frequencies to a scanner that works? Any reviews on them and what they actually do?

Renda

Status
Not open for further replies.