Nothing Enabled message for Pro 106 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

russju

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded software to program my RS Pro 106 scanner but once it completes the scan, gives me "nothing enabled" message. How do I enable the scanlist and make sure the objects are assigned to at least 1 scanlist?

russju

Premium Subscriber
ARC500 Manual

Thanks Mike. I did previously download this manual and got to the part 5.3 on page 49 where it says to check the scanlist that it's enabled and that all objects are assigned to 1 scanlist but I can't figure out how to do that.

ABLEWIS

Premium Subscriber
I load the truncking channel in my pro 197 and have the same problem Nothing Enabled the link do not help what is wrong

Highpockets

I load the truncking channel in my pro 197 and have the same problem Nothing Enabled the link do not help what is wrong

What scan list did you put your programming in, if it was scan list one, push the 1 key and see if you start scanning. If you put data in scan list 2 & 3 also, push the 2 & 3 key also.

N1BHH

You have to have talk groups assigned to trunk systems, and then assign the talk groups to scan lists. You then enable the scan lists you want, save the file, upload it to the scanner and fire away. You MUST have the scanner turned on before, during and after the procedure. Once your file is loaded it will reboot and start scanning. Once it's scanning remove the programming cable.

You can program any object to any and all scan lists if you wish. You can mix and match, it doesn't matter.

odlaw

Had the same problem with the 197. Just need to press the number 1 button when you see the error msg. Number 1 is the default scanning list. The software doesn't turn it on for you for some reason.
But the real explanation is that you programed your items or objects to a specific numbered list. The scanner does not know what list or lists you want to listen to so you have to turn them on (enable). You can also shut them off by pressing the number of the list again. Your screen should show what lists are being scanned.

KANDCMCQ

Pro 106 "nothing enabled"/ "heap error"

I load my scanner with ACR500 and follow all procedures. The unit works well without issues for days andl without warning I turn the unit on and "nothing enabled" shows up. When attempting to manually correct or scan, "heap error" appears. I then have to reload the unit by PC. Work well a few days or so and again it crashes. Any like issues with the new Pro 651? I'm getting frustrated with this scanner. My Pro 197 works without issues with the same load.

KC0CSE

I load my scanner with ACR500 and follow all procedures. The unit works well without issues for days andl without warning I turn the unit on and "nothing enabled" shows up. When attempting to manually correct or scan, "heap error" appears. I then have to reload the unit by PC. Work well a few days or so and again it crashes. Any like issues with the new Pro 651? I'm getting frustrated with this scanner. My Pro 197 works without issues with the same load.

same problem with my PRO 106...Hope the 651 fixed this...

Status
Not open for further replies.