Nothing Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
I noticed that others have had this problem and now I have it. I downloaded the database from RR like I usually do, I was updating everything. The frequencies and talk groups are in the scanner, I uploaded and downloaded to check. The scanner reboots and flashes the numbers1-10 but the screen says the "Nothing enabled" I push scan and nothing happens and push the numbers nothing happens.
I then took a file I saved before I updated and uploaded it into the scanner and the scanner scans? Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would do this? It has to be something simple.
So I repeated everything and now it won't even scan with the file I uploaded that was working? Any ideas? I am using ARC500PRO and 20-047 cable.
Thanks.

PRO-197 scanner

max2248

Premium Subscriber
Possible answer

oen arcpro go to global settings then check out scan list make sure you have a check mark on atleast 1 scan list.

keithmj

Number one has a check mark next to it with the file I downloaded today from RR.

I did a global reset 0 1 ENT and then reloaded the original file back into the scanner and it scans. I then did a reset again, downloaded from RR and hit scan and it again said Nothing enabled I then did a reset again, loaded the original file back into the scanner and hit scan and it scans. I did this several times just to see what happens. I keep getting the same results.
I think that something is wrong with the downloads from RR? I could be wrong as I don't know what has changed lately. Thanks.

Florida, Pinellas County, Trunking, Pinellas County Public Services, Motorola is the database I am downloading.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Not RR DB

Number one has a check mark next to it with the file I downloaded today from RR.

I did a global reset 0 1 ENT and then reloaded the original file back into the scanner and it scans. I then did a reset again, downloaded from RR and hit scan and it again said Nothing enabled I then did a reset again, loaded the original file back into the scanner and hit scan and it scans. I did this several times just to see what happens. I keep getting the same results.
I think that something is wrong with the downloads from RR? I could be wrong as I don't know what has changed lately. Thanks.

Florida, Pinellas County, Trunking, Pinellas County Public Services, Motorola is the database I am downloading.

I successfully download the P25 system for the Pinellas County without any problems. I am using Win500 software. Hence, I don't know how to instruct you to find the TSYS & associated TG's with other types of software.

When I am ready to import, I go to "target scan lists for groups." Then, I select "scan list 1" & click "Ok." This puts all into scan list 1. If I didn't do this, it would put everything into -1. Once you see the TSYS and associated TG's, you can then go in & assign various scan lists.

I do something that others may not. I assign all of my conventional & TG's into scan list 1. I do this because of possible programming error. Hence, I can always default to scan list 1 to find a TG that is unassigned.

Last edited:

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Scan List

Is there anything in scan list Number 1? It sounds like you don't have a scan list selected for scanning or that scan list has nothing in it.

keithmj

In the Scan list preview section 1-20 they all have 0 in the last field, there is nothing there. No data, no alpha tags all the fields is blank? If I open the old file they are all there. For some reason the downloads are not being complete. I'll keep playing with it.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Programming Software

In the Scan list preview section 1-20 they all have 0 in the last field, there is nothing there. No data, no alpha tags all the fields is blank? If I open the old file they are all there. For some reason the downloads are not being complete. I'll keep playing with it.

What software are you using to program your radio?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin

To scan objects they must be assigned to one or more scanlists, your objects are not assigned to a scanlist.

Gommert
Butel Software

keithmj

I clicked on Talkgroups then highlighted the scanlist column and clicked on the number 1 and made all in the column say 1 then uploaded into the scanner and it now scans. I have never had to do this before? Anyway it is working. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.