nothing on motorola fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepingiant

Premium Subscriber
i have a gre psr 500 and up til a few months ago was getting trunking on the motorola bell fleetnet here in thunder bay our ambulance uses it so every time fire goes fro a tiered call i would get them then the ambulance. i also noticed no t showing on the scanner indicating not picking up trunking signals where a few weeks ago it did. all conventional frequencies work not the bell fleetnet. i have done both a new download from radio reference using arc 500 software and also tried the dit500 software still nothing even hooked up to an external antenna on my ham tower hoping for signal based on height and nothing
any suggestions

VE3JSO

i have a gre psr 500 and up til a few months ago was getting trunking on the motorola bell fleetnet here in thunder bay our ambulance uses it so every time fire goes fro a tiered call i would get them then the ambulance. i also noticed no t showing on the scanner indicating not picking up trunking signals where a few weeks ago it did. all conventional frequencies work not the bell fleetnet. i have done both a new download from radio reference using arc 500 software and also tried the dit500 software still nothing even hooked up to an external antenna on my ham tower hoping for signal based on height and nothing
any suggestions

do you have both the control and alternate freq programmed in? and another thing i suggest is put the scanner in signal stalk and search between 141-144 Mhz and try and find the control channel in case it is not listed in the db or try and program another close tower to you and see if that works

sleepingiant

Premium Subscriber
absent bellfleetnet signals

Thanks
I have both main and alternate in and have searched the 141-144mhz frequency. Just seems funny nothing coming thru when it di only a few weeks back. Started thinking if something in the scanners programming. I may have turned on but can't figure it out

vindictive42

Premium Subscriber
fleetnet

i am also in Thunder Bay and my fleetnet is working great. I am using HP-1 and no problems at all. It is a problem a setting you have wrong. unfortunately I am not familiar GRE scanners.

VE3JSO

when you first program your scanner did you save it into your v-scanner folder? if so i suggest reload it from that folder in case you change a setting by mistake

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
any suggestions

I have a GRE600, I had noticed that when I was using ARC500 software on it there were some mistakes when it came to fleetnet. Check your offsets, base frequency, low and high channels. If you were able to get fleetnet before and were able to see the T while trunking before there's no reason why you can't do it now.

What kind on antenna do you use? How far are you from this tower?

jaray

Premium Subscriber
sleepinggiant, there is definitely something going on around here. I went out on a road trip today with my BCD396XT which has had no programming changes at all and it's dead quiet on Fleetnet around the area.
I went west toward Marathon and did get some OPP chatter from Nipigon and east but not as much as usual. As soon as I got back to the 4ops21 area - nothing at all. Still seeing the control channels though.

jaray

Premium Subscriber
I take that back, sit down in my home right in the city and picking up normal chatter off Hazelwood tower. But something was going on today because. Would never have been that quiet for all the miles I covered today.

jaray

Premium Subscriber
Another update, just heard on the scanner that Fleetnet will be going down today from 10-12 eastern time. So there must be some ongoing work/maintenance that has been happening.
It was mentioned to use "sim" during the outage.

Status
Not open for further replies.