SDS100/SDS200: "Nothing to Scan" Help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bswartz95

I've been enjoying this scanner for a little over a week and I messed something up. My fat fingers did something on the keypad and I lost scanning capabilities on a couple favorites lists in my scan selection. My "favorites 1" and "favorites 3" won't scan. Although when I push the channel button, i can scroll through the departments and channels. I have the favorites lists "set to scan" in my settings. Can someone help me trouble shoot? I don't want to delete my Favorites and start over. I have a feeling I did something with one of the custom search buttons, but i have no idea.

Here's a link to what I see (short video clip).

Last edited:

Tim-B

You may have turned off systems and departments within the favorites list. For example if you have only one system and department in a favorites list and you turn on that favorites list but the system and department are turned off it will say 'nothing to scan' even if the favorites list is on. Try pressing [favorites list number] decimal [system number] decimal [dept number] [yes]
and see if it says something like "1.1.1 on" or try just the fav list number, decimal, and dept number. Keep playing with that until it comes back on.

Bswartz95

You may have turned off systems and departments within the favorites list. For example if you have only one system and department in a favorites list and you turn on that favorites list but the system and department are turned off it will say 'nothing to scan' even if the favorites list is on. Try pressing [favorites list number] decimal [system number] decimal [dept number] [yes]
and see if it says something like "1.1.1 on" or try just the fav list number, decimal, and dept number. Keep playing with that until it comes back on.
That's what it was. I had no idea that I could turn off systems and not the channels within the system. That was very strange. Thanks!

Tim-B

Yep, I went into a minor panic the first time I did it. I even connected it to the computer and reloaded my programming into it again until I later realized what it was.

Bswartz95

Yep, I went into a minor panic the first time I did it. I even connected it to the computer and reloaded my programming into it again until I later realized what it was.
I panicked a little because I took a couple hours entering everything manually because I don't have a Windows computer! A few dozen departments with more than 100 channels - all titled. Haha.

wtp

that it would be great if i could use a keyboard to input all the information.
i have a 396T with about 125 systems and 2500 frequencies ALL put in manually over a lot of time.
and thank you for asking.

wtp

ok, i guess you need more information.

just a simple USB input for the radio and then use a keyboard to input the info. maybe even a bluetooth input.
1626985893120.png

Status
Not open for further replies.