Nothing To Scan Message On PSR 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

weevy

Premium Subscriber
I am a new owner of this scanner. I was in the process of updating scanlists and reprogrammed the scanner with my new scanlists. Ever since then, I am keep getting this error that there is nothing to scan. I do have the first scanlist checked as the default. Could my SD card be corrupt? The scanner was working just fine last night. I just started trying to updated certain Scanlists for my area.

If anyone could give me some insight it would be appreciated

Is their a factory reset on the scanner as well as the card

troymail

Silent Key
Unless you're intentional using SCANSETs, make sure all scansets are enabled.

Another thing to try: press MENU then scroll down to and select Browse Objects - do you see your channels/talkgroups in scanlist 1?

weevy

Premium Subscriber
Nothing To Scan Message.

After going back through the scanlists I made up, I found a tab that said enable scanlist. After doing so It worked. I thank you for your feedback.

Your answer was right on the mark. I am still trying to get use to this new scanner software and scanner.

I thought I may have fat fingered something during the transfer of scanlists and wiped out the entire card.

The scanner was just about to go airborne, before I looked at the tab next to the scanlist number and it has either enable YES!!!!!!! or NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always tried to live by the motto KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid!!!!!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well it's now it's keep it EZ, but I can understand your frustration.:wink: There are a few folks that shy away from the Pro-18 version at my local Radio Shack just because they find it too intimidating to operate, even though it has an MP3 style interface.

zzdiesel

Mine did this again tonight when I deleted 3 channels on EZ Scan. After I updated through the radio; it said nothing to scan and the then card corrupted when I was trying to get it going. This gets so aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.