"Nothing to scan"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Hello I'm new to the 436 and 536 and trying to figure out the programming. I have favorite lists set up and they show in software and on radios themselves but when I turn off all the other lists and try to scan just these radio shows nothing to scan on the screen. Any suggestions on what I might have done or hit to mess this up as I am sure it is operator error.
Thanks in advance

mitbr

Hello I'm new to the 436 and 536 and trying to figure out the programming. I have favorite lists set up and they show in software and on radios themselves but when I turn off all the other lists and try to scan just these radio shows nothing to scan on the screen. Any suggestions on what I might have done or hit to mess this up as I am sure it is operator error.
Thanks in advance

Check this link.....Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks in advance
See this page in the Wiki:
Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki

If you are using Location Control with your Favorites lists, be sure that your correct location, and desired range, are entered in your Profile before writing that to the scanner.

For Favorites lists, in the Profile, ensure that your desired Service Types are turned on (enabled). Also in your Profile, check to see that your Favorites lists that you want to use are set both to Download to the scanner, and also set to "Monitor".

More information and suggestions are on the Wiki page linked above. (Same link mitbr posted.)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest this one: https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/283404-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html

While somewhat helpful, the wiki page is geared more toward previous model scanners. The x36/Home Patrol line have some additional "things" which could result in the "Nothing to Scan" message.

Though frustrating, seeing this message is something most all of us have had to work through in the beginning.

Also there could be multiple issues going on such as Service Type selection, Quick Keys off, Avoids, so be mindful of more than one thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.