Notification I lost my feed to someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Just curious why I lost my feed to another person supplying the same feed and I was not notified?

Edit: OH well, Broken Arrow going OpenSky soon, so, I have nothing left to push with my feed since my other site was given away. I will be closing my feeds.

Thanks all, It has been a pleasure while it lasted.

Rick

Last edited:
May be worth an email to an admin to see what the scoop is. Out of curiosity, how long has it been since the other person started to stream your area?

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how long the other feed has been alive. I sent a message to Gordon.. and finished my removal application. The new guy is covering a couple small town I didn't cover. Maybe that's it.

I just think it would be nice to be notified when we are no longer needed for the area so we can remove that service. ;)

Addendum:

I was providing one stream, which covered multiple cities. So if you guys are covering multiple cities, you may be removed from that site listing in the web page when someone else covers that city. At this point, no one (RR staff from what I cant tell so far with emails) knows you ever had the feed covering those cities in your original links on the Live scanner pages. :) they do not track those I believe.

Last edited:

04Z1V6

I am not a admin. I have a feed and about a week ago some one add a feed the has a few changes but broadcasts the same thing I do but, instead of having a stereo split feed it is combined in all one feed. This is allowed by the rules and I have no problem with it. The more the better. I have my listeners and I am sure he will have his.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I checked and your feed wasn't replaced.

What happened is that a new feed was approved which covers one of the two counties that your feed covers.

We don't allow two feeds containing identical content to exist but we do allow a feed containing a subset of another feed to exist (such as one feed that covers counties x and y and another feed that covers only county x).

-- Gordon

richtidd

Database Admin
Just curious why I lost my feed to another person supplying the same feed and I was not notified?

Edit: OH well, Broken Arrow going OpenSky soon, so, I have nothing left to push with my feed since my other site was given away. I will be closing my feeds.

Thanks all, It has been a pleasure while it lasted.

Rick

Here are the facts:

You're feed is this:
Broken Arrow Police and Fire
and covers Tulsa and Wagoner counties

I believe the new feed in question is this:
Coweta Police, Fire and EMS
Includes Wagoner County Sheriff, Porter Police, Okay police, and OHP Troop C
and covers Wagoner County

There is no mention of Coweta on you're Broken Arrow feed and there is no mention of Broken Arrow on the Coweta feed.

So I do not see how we gave you're feed to some one else.

They are different feeds.

Utah_Viper

I think that when someone applies for a new feed that may cover some of the already covered items that Admin should message both providers to work ouit a compromise of which feed will carry what. I rather end up with two feeds in one area carrying different communications (i.e: fire and police) then one feed with both.

richtidd

Database Admin
I think that when someone applies for a new feed that may cover some of the already covered items that Admin should message both providers to work ouit a compromise of which feed will carry what. I rather end up with two feeds in one area carrying different communications (i.e: fire and police) then one feed with both.

We do that when there is poss conflict in feeds between existing & new.

In this case, there is no conflict as both Gordon & I indicated.

Both feeds are different from each other as indicated.

We go by what is in the feed descriptions.

A look at the feed descriptions show they are very different.
No even close.

SCPD

QRT
It is like my covrage area they work on both analog and digital systems.

I do not have the money to throw towards a digital scanner i can not cover the Clare county SO or Roscommon SO due to that also some FG traffic in Clare county uses the digital system.

What i would like to happen if someone wanted to start a feed to cover that i think an admin should get in touch with the feed provider with what they would cover so they would be covering the same thing as me etc.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Here are the facts:

You're feed is this:
Broken Arrow Police and Fire
and covers Tulsa and Wagoner counties

I believe the new feed in question is this:
Coweta Police, Fire and EMS
Includes Wagoner County Sheriff, Porter Police, Okay police, and OHP Troop C
and covers Wagoner County

There is no mention of Coweta on you're Broken Arrow feed and there is no mention of Broken Arrow on the Coweta feed.

So I do not see how we gave you're feed to some one else.

They are different feeds.

I know you guys canot see what i am talking about.. so I will try better to communicate,

Here are my facts:
"I HAD a Link " "Coweta Police, Fire and EMS
Includes Wagoner County Sheriff" From my feed, I was linked in two area's.. one stream.

There was a direct link in wagoner county section.. now its not there. simple. It was deleeted. If it was still there , there would be two!

I still have Broken Arrow link in tulsa county.. K? I asked for removal of broken arrow. Going Opensky..

Please delete my exisiting feeds as I have asked. I am still getting down time emails.

ALL I asked for was communications from Admins/Mods to notify us of such changes that effects us.. taking away a link on a web page from a area we are providing audio for.. So we don't feed other information not associated with the the link we are left with. See my first post. I am trying to help here..

:)

Last edited:

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
It is like my covrage area they work on both analog and digital systems.

I do not have the money to throw towards a digital scanner i can not cover the Clare county SO or Roscommon SO due to that also some FG traffic in Clare county uses the digital system.

What i would like to happen if someone wanted to start a feed to cover that i think an admin should get in touch with the feed provider with what they would cover so they would be covering the same thing as me etc.

Exactly, thank you for understanding the intention.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
I know you guys canot see what i am talking about.. so I will try better to communicate,

Here are my facts:
"I HAD a Link " "Coweta Police, Fire and EMS
Includes Wagoner County Sheriff" From my feed, I was linked in two area's.. one stream.

There was a direct link in wagoner county section.. now its not there. simple. It was deleeted. If it was still there , there would be two!

I still have Broken Arrow link in tulsa county.. K? I asked for removal of broken arrow. Going Opensky..

Please delete my exisiting feeds as I have asked. I am still getting down time emails.

ALL I asked for was communications from Admins/Mods to notify us of such changes that effects us.. taking away a link on a web page from a area we are providing audio for.. So we don't feed other information not associated with the the link we are left with. See my first post. I am trying to help here..

:)

There was no existing Coweta Police, Fire and EMS listed when the current Coweta Police, Fire and EMS was approved. If there was, we would not have approved another as it would be a dupe.

No feeds where deleted or changed.

The only feed showing was your Broken Arrow Feed.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Yea there was,

I had Coweta PD fire listed on the web pages .. I had these SINCE RR took over.. And SCAN AMERICA.

Why do you all not want to believe me?? It's done.. It's over.. but you guys still removed my link from the Wagoner Coweta.. deny all you like.. I know it was there, I know Wagoner Country 911 offices knew it was there.. AND I PROVIDED.

And you still do not want to address my intent of helping to communicate.. you want to continue conversing a mute point?? Please I am TRYING to help.. you guys are not listening.. The intent is to communicate with feed providers on these situation in the future.. A little advice, thats all.. please stop with the who had what.

I don't care at this point. I am not a feed provider right? SO.. to help.. communicate!! thats what this is about!

You could say Sorry it was a mistake.. but I can see that will not happen,, no biggie..

Last edited:

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Rich followed the correct procedure, since he didn't see a Coweta Police feed he approved the new feed since it didn't appear it would be a duplicate of an existing feed.

I suspect that a bug which we've been looking into (which has occurred a couple of times over the past few weeks it seems) resulted in your feed being deleted. We haven't figured out yet what causes this to happen. It wasn't obvious that this was the problem earlier in this thread since we didn't catch on that you were originally providing two feeds,

We (the other Live Audio admins and myself) never ever delete feeds without first communicating with the person providing the feed beforehand.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Rich followed the correct procedure, since he didn't see a Coweta Police feed he approved the new feed since it didn't appear it would be a duplicate of an existing feed.

I suspect that a bug which we've been looking into (which has occurred a couple of times over the past few weeks it seems) resulted in your feed being deleted. We haven't figured out yet what causes this to happen. It wasn't obvious that this was the problem earlier in this thread since we didn't catch on that you were originally providing two feeds,

We (the other Live Audio admins and myself) never ever delete feeds without first communicating with the person providing the feed beforehand.

Gordon,

Thank you, Sir. I only hoped to help. I am glad to hear about the communications, Very cool. The new provider is covering a bigger area and it's a good thing.

All the best,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.