Nov 4-5 Air Show San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
Who will be hitting the air show? I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. I love the air shows! If any other RR members will be there let's set a meeting point and at least shake hands and have a face to put with the online persona.

zangler

i hope to be going since i have to miss the one in houston due to being out of town

samson512

I can tell you that 2 years ago at the Wings Over Houston show they wouldnt let me in with my scanner. A year before that I went to the San Antonio show, and they had no problems with my scanner. Hopefully I can bring it in this time also.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to arrive right at 9:00 when the gates open. I always head straight for the old warbirds. I'll be there taking pics with the family. What say 9:30 at the B-25. I'll have on a dark blue DOJ hat and will take in my Yaesu VX7 to listen to things on.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I just drove by Kelly and picked up some freq's since they were doing their practice run-through of the show.

Air Boss - 121.8
Thunderbirds 5 and 6 - 322.95

Didn't catch what TBirds 1-4 were on today.

zangler

ThunderBritches said:
I'm going to arrive right at 9:00 when the gates open. I always head straight for the old warbirds. I'll be there taking pics with the family. What say 9:30 at the B-25. I'll have on a dark blue DOJ hat and will take in my Yaesu VX7 to listen to things on.

im not going to be there till about 10:30 or 11 since im coming in from houston. but ill look for you. i am a pretty big guy and will be wearing a red shirt with white lettering on the front that says 'referee' and "all valley karate championship" on the back

zangler

Bravoteam said:
Anyone here know if you can take a scanner inside to listen in??

they are not on the banned list...

The following items are prohibited at the AirFest: concealed weapons, ice chests, backpacks, large bags, alcohol, skates, skateboards, rollerblades and pets (with the exception of certified medical aid dogs). There will be no smoking on the AirFest grounds.

zangler

the show was great! here is one of the pics...ill post more if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0724-111.JPG
    IMG_0724-111.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 149

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
Awesome pic!!! That F18 put on a heck of a show. I got video of his high speed pass with the big vapor cone built up around it. I'll be going back out shortly to hang around a bit.

zangler

ThunderBritches said:
Awesome pic!!! That F18 put on a heck of a show. I got video of his high speed pass with the big vapor cone built up around it. I'll be going back out shortly to hang around a bit.

he put on a fantastic show...i was in awe during his HS pass and could not even bring myself to get the camera up. i would love to see some of the pics you got. i took about 260 that day. got that many cause i had it set to take about 4/sec. now i need to go through them and see which ones are best.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
My digital camera is not the best. It's a regular canon with the little zoom on the front. I'll get some on photobucket and either hyperlink or post a regular link. Would like to see some more of yours as well. That high speed pass was really close to going supersonic. At the end of the runway the cone was solid and pushing towards the rear of the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.