Nova Scotia Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Seems the RRDB needs some updates.

With the excellent [past 3 days] VHF/UHF lift, Boston has been hosting [err Hearing] plenty of RF from NS
this AM, I had 162.3600 DMR, searching RR found some possibilities, but no SysID and maybe the wrong Color Codes?

162.3600 DSD+ showed
CC:01
Sys L8
Sys/Site L8-2.4

Which I think is NS Power, but never got anything but the Control Channel
Anyone closer, able to add the Sys ID and site info, of point me in another direction if
this is not NS Power

hfxChris

Database Admin
162.36 is one of the frequencies licensed to NSPI, at a few different sites: TAFL Search Results

All of the sites I've personally identified (mostly the ones in around Halifax area) showed a system of L7, not L8. Although I admit I don't know much about DMR tier 3, can a system have different system IDs?

ecps92

Thanks
Good Questions and Good info, seems the Sys ID, needs to be submitted once someone can double check OTA
[still new with DMR] each system has it's own SysID, then the Sites below - this one tells me atleast 4 sites

I had via DSD at 6am and of course using a USA Band Plan of 12.5 khz, had to adjust that and within 20 min's sadly
lost the signal, altho the paths are still out there. Might just sit on the channel for the evening, see what rolls in/out with the Rain

2020/09/09 06:18:53 Current network: L8
2020/09/09 06:18:53 Current site: L8-2.4

2020/09/09 06:22:41 Current network: L8
2020/09/09 06:22:41 Current site: L8-2.4

162.36 is one of the frequencies licensed to NSPI, at a few different sites: TAFL Search Results

All of the sites I've personally identified (mostly the ones in around Halifax area) showed a system of L7, not L8. Although I admit I don't know much about DMR tier 3, can a system have different system IDs?

ve1bz

Hi

This thread is a little over my head I must admit. Ahead of the upcoming tropical storm I was wanting to add/update NS Power in my SDS100. I had a collection of frequencies in my Sentinel fav list already called NSPI :

1600779522568.png

Based on this thread and a newish entry in the reference database, NSP is now using a trunked system (DMR Tier 3). While the database has information on sites (although no TG yet) it does not get downloaded by Sentinel. I am a little over my head in trying to figure out how to add this information manually to Sentinel. Questions are:

1. Are they now using the DMR system?
2. Is it possible to manually add this to Sentinel? Can anyone point me to a good reference on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Hi

This thread is a little over my head I must admit. Ahead of the upcoming tropical storm I was wanting to add/update NS Power in my SDS100. I had a collection of frequencies in my Sentinel fav list already called NSPI :

View attachment 91809

Based on this thread and a newish entry in the reference database, NSP is now using a trunked system (DMR Tier 3). While the database has information on sites (although no TG yet) it does not get downloaded by Sentinel. I am a little over my head in trying to figure out how to add this information manually to Sentinel. Questions are:

1. Are they now using the DMR system?
2. Is it possible to manually add this to Sentinel? Can anyone point me to a good reference on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, the whole system is ENC as far as I know. I have not heard of anything in the clear since the new system went into operation.

ve1bz

Thanks Blacktop. That's disappointing if the case. I haven't had my scanner on for a couple months and was shocked at how quiet things have become in HRM only to find out that EHS is now encrypted and maybe NS Power. I am a little sorry I bought my SDS100 last year. Fire and TIR will be next to go....:(

ve1bz

Actually every talkgroup I've heard so far has been in the clear. The problem is you'll get hits so infrequently..

hfxChris, I believe you were the person who added the information to the reference database. Any idea why it does not show up in Sentinel? My understanding that Sentinel downloads the entire database. Thanks.

mciupa

Database Admin
Only trunked systems with identified talkgroups are in Uniden's Sentinel Full Database downloads. Once someone submits a valid talkgroup, it will be included in the next week's DB upload.

You could create a Favourite List on your own for your SDS100 using information that you see in the RadioReference database and have the system do ID Search.

ve1bz

Only trunked systems with identified talkgroups are in Uniden's Sentinel Full Database downloads. Once someone submits a valid talkgroup, it will be included in the next week's DB upload.

You could create a Favourite List on your own for your SDS100 using information that you see in the RadioReference database and have the system do ID Search.

Thanks for the explanation on the sync. I want to add it manually to a favorite but cannot figure out how to set it up in Sentinel. Guess I will have to wait until it hits the DB download.

mciupa

Database Admin
The marksscanner website has some instructions for the 436/536 line which uses the same architecture as the SDS series. If you feel like trying out the instructions in the meantime before it hits the RR DB you could give it a go. Lots of reading and steps so patience is required.

Favourite Lists

continue with the Programming Systems section

Or, if someone has created a Favourite List they could share their .hpe file via e-mail with you.

ve1bz

Thanks very much mciupa. I will give it a try. Thanks to the others who offered input as well.

One other question, do I need to purchase the DMR key for this to work? Dumb question I am sure.

hfxChris

Database Admin
The last time I heard any significant activity was Hurricane Dorian last September. I did manage to log a few talkgroups that I guess were Line Crews working on restoring power, although I wasn't able to determine specific locations they were operating in.

I'll add them to the database and hope I don't run afoul of the policy re. adding unconfirmed talkgroups.

mciupa

Database Admin
If you add them as Line Crew in the description, I don't see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.