NoVA VSTARS online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

STARS grid testing

Interestingly these test teams don't give any signal reports only grid ids. I guess the test method of operation is if the test control center and mobiles can hear each other that's good enough. If they keep this up Div 2 and Div 7 might be operational before the end of this year although I wouldn't bet on it after previous delay after delay after delay in the installation milestone schedule.

Maybe pressure was applied to the installers to demonstrate some kind of STARS installation progress with the new one operational site in Div 6.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
On April 15th around 10:30AM, I saw a white van with about 20 antennas parked on the side of the road at the fist rest stop on I81 south bound from the WV line. I figured it was FCC doing something or VA state doing testing for STARS.

HankFrank

Yeah they appear to have taken Fairfax, Indy Hill, and Arlington back down. Can't get them either.

I can still copy Thornburg, Warsaw, Rumford and Burgess.

HankFrank

where are you in northern va? im only about 10-15ft above sea level in woodbridge.

I'm on the west side of Ft. Belvoir at about 160' ASL. My antenna is about 185' - 190' ASL in the attic.

I can always pull in Thornburg 100% and can get Fork most of the time.

Warsaw, Rumford and Burgess are hit and miss for me.

HankFrank

Just thought I'd mention that I noticed Hogback and Mount Weather had been activated yesterday. Probably in support of Culpeper coming up this week.

A

ACU1000

Did DIV 2, Culpeper, go live yesterday?

FWIW, DIV 7 shold go live on June 24th.

Nitsud

channel 3 which is used for "a side"(east of the mountains) is no longer in use i.e-no simulcasting. Channel 11 which is "b side"(west of the mountains) will still be simulcasted off of the pinnacle repeater due to coverage issues in the northern rockingham sounther page counties. Channel 11 will be patched into Culp-2 until sometime early next year when they can solve the coverage issues in the counties i mentioned above

THEDUDEMAN

new stars site from winchester

I checked the database and didn't see this site, it is activated along with hogback mtn and mt weather stars sites, pulling in with indoor antenna full strength in winchester, so far have: 161.8250 cc, 152.5175, 151.0550, 159.1725 and 158.7675. getting div 2 tgids.

Status
Not open for further replies.